A free website for the community by MacBusiness Consulting / Ernest Abrams.
Event Calendar Item
Aina Haina Library - The Honolulu Theatre for Youth will present "Blue"
Date: Saturday - 4/21/2012
Aina Haina Public Library
5246 Kalanianaole Hwy.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96821
The Honolulu Theatre for Youth will present "Blue," a new stage production by Annie Cusick Wood, at 10 selected Oahu public libraries from March to May 2012. Admission is free.
Blue is happy in his blue world. Then one day "color" comes into his life and things begin to change. "Blue" is filled with lots of fun, humor and whimsy.
The show introduces the idea of tolerance and understanding in an age appropriate theatrical experience. The 45-minute performance is recommended for ages 3 and older. Preschool-age children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
The program is sponsored through a grant from the Friends of the Library of Hawaii, Marriott Resorts Hawaii, Ko Olina Hawaii, HMS Host, Meadow Gold Dairies, Hansen Distribution Group, Armstrong Produce, Roberts Hawaii, DFS Hawaii, and Toshiba Business Solutions. The program schedule is subject to change.
See "Blue" at these libraries:
- March 12 (Monday), 11 a.m. at Kaimuki Public Library, 1041 Koko Head Avenue; telephone: 733-8422
- March 12 (Monday), 3 p.m. at Kaneohe Public Library, 45-829 Kamehameha Highway; telephone: 233-5676
- March 28 (Wednesday), 1 p.m. at Kalihi-Palama Public Library, 1325 Kalihi Street; telephone: 832-3466
- March 31 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at McCully-Moiliili Public Library, 2211 South King Street; telephone: 973-1099
- April 13 (Friday), 12:30 p.m. at Mililani Public Library, 95-450 Makaimoimo Street; telephone: 627-7470
- April 14 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at Kailua Public Library,239 Kuulei Road; telephone: 266-9911
- April 21 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at Aina Haina Public Library, 5246 Kalanianaole Highway; telephone: 377-2456
- April 23 (Monday), 10:30 a.m. at Waianae Public Library,85-625 Farrington Highway; telephone: 697-7868
- April 23 (Monday), 3 p.m. at Pearl City Public Library, 1138 Waimano Home Road; telephone: 453-6566
- May 5 (Saturday), 10:30 a.m. at Liliha Public Library, 1515 Liliha Street; telephone: 587-7577
Contact the hosting library two weeks in advance if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed. For more information, please call the hosting libraries.
ABOUT KAIMUKI PUBLIC LIBRARY
The mission of the Hawaii State Public Library System is to provide Hawaii's residents, in all walks of life, and at each stage of their lives, with access to education, information, programs and services, and to teach and nurture the love of reading and the habit of life-long learning.
Sun - 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Mon - 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Tues - 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Wed. - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thurs.- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Fri , Sat & State Holidays - Closed
You may apply for a library card at any Hawaii public library. The initial card is FREE for Hawaii residents. Cards are also free for military personnel and their dependents with a copy of orders. The resident card replacement fee is $5.00. Resident library cards must be renewed every five years. There is no charge for the renewal.
Branch Manager -- Maile Davis
Reference Librarian -- Jeffery Eldredge
Reference Librarian -- Cora Kelly
Children's Librarian -- Melissa LePage
first one free, replacement $5.00
3 weeks for books and CDs
1 week for DVDs/ videos
View more information on Borrowing, Returning & Renewing Materials
25 cents per day for all ages for books, CDs, DVDs/videos
$1.00 per week for DVDs and videos
CONNECT FROM HOME:
- Search Catalog
- CDs & DVDs
- electronic databases
- Download eBooks/Audio/Music
- library information
- and more!
every Sunday at 10:30 a.m., no sign up enjoy stories and a simple craft
Internet Computers -- one hour sessions with valid library card
5 new faster computers installed in May 2011, one with ADA accommodations printing available, donations requested
Click here for commonly asked questions regarding PC Reservations
Reserve a PC here
in person with library material or call 733-8422, then press "0" -- have your library material with you when calling
Book Drops -- for after business hours -- one by the front door or drive-up book drop in the upper parking lot
Friends of the Kaimuki Library -- support group for the library
-- Members and officers needed
-- Ongoing book sale bookshelf - $1.00 per book
** 20 cents per page
2 Microfilm Reader/Printers
** 15 cents per page
Ongoing Book Sale
** Friends of Kaimuki Library
The Hawaii State Public Library System provides the following enhanced services for library users. Click on the service in which you are interested for more information.
- Books by Mail
- Custom Research
- Interlibrary Loans
- Photocopying and Mailing Documents
- Test Proctoring
Powered by MBC CalendarMaker
Events subject to change without notice
- Kaimuki Public Library
One of the best public resources in Kaimuki! The Hawaii State Public Library System provides Hawaii's residents in all walks of life with access to education, information, programs and services.
1041 Koko Head Avenue, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Maps and Guides
NEW - check out our new interactive maps, restaurants, clothing stores, parks and more... More...
- Free Giveaways and Sweepstakes from KaimukiHawaii.com
Free stuff from Kaimuki merchants, business and organizations! Free make-up lessons, marketing tips and more...
- HELP THE KAIMUKI COMMUNITY!
Refer someone who purchases the MBC Web site solution and we will donate $250 per referral on your behalf to a KaimukiHawaii.com charity, nonprofit or association of your choice (click on link for approved list). Yes, you can refer yourself. More...