>>Home and Garden Sponsors
Get Expert Tree Advice And Services from Arborist Steve Nimz & Associates
Fill out the form - Free quote, info, Kaimuki Coupon and more>>>
EXCLUSIVE KAIMUKIHAWAII.COM OFFER!
Fill out the form on the right to request and onsite visit with Steve Nimz & Associates and get a special KaimukiHawaii.com price. Read below to learn more about Steve Nimz extensive professional experience, services and certificates.
About Steve Nimz & Associates
Consulting Arborist Services Specializing in all types of tree services. Commercial, residential and goverment.
What is a Arborist?
An arborist (or tree surgeon) is a professional who practices arboriculture, the management and maintenance of trees (generally in an urban environment). While trees provide many benefits, they can also be very large, heavy, and complex organisms that require professional monitoring and treatment to ensure they are healthy and safe.
An arborist's work may include some or all of the following: planting, pruning, structural support, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, insects, or abiotic disorders, lightning protection, and tree removal. Arborists may also plan, consult, write reports and give legal testimony. While some aspects of this work may be done on the ground or in an office, much of it requires the arborist to physically climb the trees, using ropes, harnesses, and other climbing equipment.
- Aerial Lift services
- Air spade to carefully see tree roots
- Crane services
- Consulting and monitoring service
- Heavy crane service
- Tree selection
- Project monitoring
- Construction monitoring
- Rinntech Resistograph machine
- Resistograph testing
- Mitigation and Recommendations
- and much more...
Stephen M. Nimz, Arborist
- Chief Consulting Arborist for Steve Nimz & Associates L.L.C., A Consulting Arborist Service based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Manager and Estimator of Instant Shade LLC, A Tree Spade and Crane Service, Specializing in large tree transplanting.
- President of Certified Erosion Control, Hawaii, A full service Erosion Control Contract business.
- Consulting Arborist, specializing in tropical trees in the Hawaii-Pacific region; including appraisals, hazard evaluations, tree preservation and protection plans, disease diagnosis and treatment programs.
- All phases of tree care, structural pruning, large tree removal, insect and disease treatment.
- ransplanting of large trees with use of mechanical tree spades (60"-85"), crane truck, excavator, backhoe, extensive transplanting for major landscape contractors in Hawaii and in the Pacific region.
- Academy Graduate, 2001, 2005, American Society of Consulting Arborists , Los Angeles, CA
- Certified Arborist WC-0314, 1975, International Society of Arboriculture, Honolulu, Hawaii
- B.S., Tropical Agriculture, minor Agriculture Economics and Horticulture, 1967-1970, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Associate Agriculture Science, 1965-1967, Lake Michigan College, MI
- Associate Science, Orchard Management/Horticulture, 1966-1967 Michigan State University, MI
- 1971-2004 Vice President/Co-Founder of Agriculture International, Inc. (Honolulu, Hawaii) Specialization in horticulture services, tropical trees and livestock production in Hawaii and South Pacific
- 1971-2004 Chief Arborist/Manager of The Tree People A division of Agriculture International, Inc. ( Honolulu, Hawaii) Specializing in tree pruning, removal, transplanting and disease control
- 1971-1980 Manager of Aqua Pacific - A division of Agriculture International Inc. (Honolulu, Hawaii) Irrigation/sprinkler installation
- 1980-2000 Vice President of Hawaii Tropical Plants (Molokai, Hawaii) An export nursery and plant production company
- 1990-2004 Founder of Chip-It, Inc. (Honolulu, Hawaii) Recycling green waste and equipment rental company
- 1992-2004 President/ Co-Founder of Hawaiian Earth Products (Kapolei and Kailua locations) Recycling green waste into compost
Community Participation in Tree Care Preservation:
- Landscape Industry council of Hawaii, member, President 1987-93
- Aloha Arborist Association, member, President 1985-1990
- Hawaii Landscape and Irrigation Contractors, member
- Hawaii Turf grass Association, member, Board of Directors 1999-2003
- Society of Commercial Arborists, member, Board of Directors 1999-2003
- National Arborist Association (Tree Care Industry), member
- International Society of Arboriculture member (Western Chapter)
- American Society of Consulting Arborists, member
- Arborist Advisory Committee, Island of Oahu, City and County of Honolulu: protection and care of Exceptional Trees
- The Outdoor Circle, lifetime member, received "Outdoor Circle Award of Merit" for tree preservation community work
- Promotion of Quality Tree Care via extensive workshops and slide presentations to community groups, business associations and landscape industry groups; promotion of worker certification! professional tree care via study sessions for industry employees
- 1991 Award of Excellence, Hawaii Landscape and Irrigation Contractors Association
- 1992 Award for Outstanding Services, Landscape Industry Council of Hawaii
- 1996 Special Award of Excellence in Arboriculture, International Society of Arboriculture (Western Chapter)
- 1997 Award of Excellence in Arboriculture, National Arborists Association (Heritage Tree Category)
- 1998 Connie Riccio Award, Kaulunani, Hawaii the Beautiful
- 1999 Award of Merit (highest award presented), International Society of Arboriculture (Western chapter)
- 2000 Award of Merit, City & County of Honolulu
- 2001 First Annual Tree Angel Award, The Outdoor Circle
|Fill out the form below and you will be Emailed the Steve Nimz & Associates Kaimuki special info. Steve Nimz & Associates will call you to schedule a onsite consultation.
Privacy - We value our relationship with you! You will be added to the "once a month" Kaimuki Email newsletter to keep you current and informed. If you would like to be removed, just reply to the Email confirmation with "DISCONTINUE" in the subject line. This information, your name and E-mail address, will not be used for any other purpose. Mahalo!