- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Art Explorium - Featured Upcoming Workshops
Keiki Art Workshops in March
We have so many fun spring-rthemed workshops coming up in March... sign up for two or four or more!
- Spring Yoga & Art, Saturday, March 3, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Creativi-TEA Party!, Sunday, March 4, 2:30-4pm, $20, ages 5 & up
- DIY Paper Bead Bling, Saturday, March 10, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Indigo Dyeing, Sunday, March 11, 2:30-4pm, $20, ages 5 & up
- Nature Art: Magical Creatures, Saturday, March 17, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Ceramic Leaf Motifs, Sunday, March 18, 2:30-4pm, $25, ages 5 & up
- Wonderful Rainbow Fish, Wednesday, March 21, 9:30-11am, $15, ages 5 & up
- Floating Air Plant Mobiles, Sunday, March 25, 2:30-4pm, $20, ages 6 & up
- Springtime Peeps (Felted Animals), Saturday, March 31, 2:30-4pm, $20, ages 7 & up (age 7 must be accompanied by an adult). Photo below.
Little Artists Workshops (Ages 2-5)
We are also offering two Little Artists workshops in March for keiki ages 2-5:
- Big Top Circus, Friday, March 9, 9:30-10:30am, $15 (only a few spaces remaining)
- Cooking Up Fun, Friday, March 23, 9:30-10:30am, $15 (waitlist only; please call 312-4316 to be added to the waitlist)
Spring Break At A Glance
Spring Break is coming up soon and we know parents are looking for ways to keep their keiki busy. Sign up for one of our workshops offered during Spring Break or drop in during Open Studio. We will add several extra Open Studio time slots during the second half of March so find a time that works for you on our online Calendar.
During Open Studio keiki can take advantage of the following creative opportunities:
- magnet wall, white board, felt board and chalk board wall
- free play area which includes magnet tiles, blocks, toy animals and more
- library corner
- our signature trash-to-treasure station that allows children to create whatever they want out of bins full of items like corks, bottle caps, fabric scraps, and much more
- two other art stations that we change every Wednesday (we post these ew activities on our Facebook page). The photos above show our current stations: black and white paintings and Girls' Day dolls (fun for boys too!).
$5, no pre-registration required, just come on in. Please note that an adult is required to stay during Open Studio. See you soon!
Calling All Teachers!
Are you a teacher? Please consider signing up for our Educator E-Newsletter (or sharing this information with your teacher friends). Then you won't miss out on the many things we have to offer educators, including:
- Art supplies for use in your classroom... Our community gives us more supplies than we can use and we are happy to share the excess with teachers. We have recently given teachers a variety of items including paper, crayons, scrapbooking materials, rubber stamps, glitter, office supplies and more!
- An annual Creative Reuse Open House for teachers and their children
- Earth-friendly art lesson plans to use in your classroom Here is a link to our 2017 lesson plans
- Special earth-friendly art workshops and professional development opportunities
About Art Explorium
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children.
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization in Kaimuki that provides art opportunities for youth. Stop by and try out our art stations (request a $5 per person coupon>>>).
Open Studio Hours
Monday and Thursday from 9-12 am
Monday through Friday from 2-5 pm
Saturday from 1-4 pm
Nurturing tomorrow's creative thinkers
Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely. We firmly believe that art experiences are an important part of every person's growth and development. So... WE provide the space and materials, YOU provide the ideas and make them happen!
Art Explorium strives to be an eco-friendly organization. Many of the art materials in our studio are items that would normally be thrown in the landfill (old pieces of fabric, used bottle caps, small boxes, magazines, ribbon, etc.). We collect these used materials from our friends and local businesses, and Art Explorium visitors give these items a new life as art.
We offer art classes, birthday parties, and field trips to our studio. We also offer Open Studio time - come on in with your family and dabble in one or all of our art stations which offer activities like painting, sculpting, drawing, making mosaics and more. See you there!
Come on by! During Open Studio time you are free to drop in, use our space and materials and explore the process of creating.
We also offer art classes, birthday parties and field trips to our studio!
Hours and price subject to change without notice.
Ample metered parking is available on the street or in the lot behind our building.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Art Explorium - Children Art Studio - Kaimuki
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children. - Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...