Event Calendar Item
Waikiki Community Center - Dr. Shintani
Date: Monday - 8/15/2016
Time: See Notes
Waikiki Community Center - Annex
310 Paoakalani Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
Dr. Shintani - Waikiki Community Center
MONDAY AUGUST 15th
1:30 P.M. FREE AUDITORIUM
You've either seen his diet at Zippy's, seen him at Down to Earth or heard him speak. Stop what you're doing and come to Waikīkī Community Center (WCC) to hear Dr. Terry Shintani speak on Monday August 15th at 1:30 PM. in the auditorium. He will be talking about chronic illness such as diabetes, hypertension, inflammatory conditions ranging from psorias to arthritis, obesity and cancer.
Free parking is available while hearing Dr. Shintani at WCC. Please sign-in at WCC front desk by Monday August 8th.
About Waikiki Community Center
Providing excellent programs and services for people who live, work and visit Waikiki and surrounding communities like Kaimuki.
Celebrating over 35 Years of Dedicated Service to the Community
"To enrich and improve the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the diverse people of Waikiki through multigenerational on-site and outreach programs and social services.
Programs and Services Available
Child Care - Since 1970, WCC has provided employees of the visitor industry and residents with a unique program of early education and safe, nurturing care for their children. Our programs are designed to accommodate the work schedules of visitor industry employees, who make up 80% of the families participating in our program.
Senior Program - More than 1,200 full-time and part-time Waikiki residents, ages 55 and older, participate in educational, physical, and social and wellness activities at WCC which enable them to maintain healthy and independent lifestyles. Many seniors have no relatives living nearby and rely on WCC activities to develop neighborly support, social interaction, prevent isolation and premature decline in health.
Community Services - Each year:
- Over 900 homeless and low-income individuals and families receive nonperishable food from WCCs Emergency Food Pantry.
- Basic Adult English classes are conducted for more than 400 individuals annually.
- WCC also hosts a Farmers Market twice a week offering fresh produce and vegetables,
- Our Thrift Shop provides the community with a low-cost resource for clothing, furniture and household goods.
- Our facility is home to ten (10) nonprofit agencies and churches and is frequently used as a meeting place for the community, including the Waikiki Neighborhood Board, condo associations, Boys and Girls Club of Hawaii, Weight Watchers, Alcoholics Anonymous, and many other educational and cultural activities that bring the community together.
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Wednesday and Friday, closed major holidays.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Powered by MBC CalendarMaker
Events subject to change without notice
- RELATED LINKS
- Waikiki Community Center
Providing excellent programs and services for people who live, work and visit Waikiki and surrounding communities.
310 Paoakalani Avenue, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...