- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Representative Barbara Marumoto Kaimuki Photos
Representative Barbara Marumoto
(R) District 19
1) The new UH Basketball Coach, Bob Nash, spoke to the October joint meeting of the Kaimuki Business & Professional Association and the Kahala Business Association at Waialae Country Club. Bob with Bill Green and Jim Loomis.
2) The DOE School Inspection Team visits Waialae Charter School, (19th & Pahoa) in October to prioritize repair & maintenance projects. Waialae, a charter school, does not have a traditional principal. Instead it has School CEO Wendy Lagareta and Business Manager Sandy Muraoka
3) Kaimuki Middle School Inspection
4) The DOE School Inspection Team determines R & M priorities with the school administration. Shown in the cafeteria, VP Bryan Chun and Heather Bolan from Sen. Ihara's office. KMS students are wearing uniforms this year.
5) New Lili'uokalani principal Kevin Yuen shows the DOE School Inspection Team around campus to help determine next years repair projects.
6)Christine Small, principal of Liholiho School (8th & Kilauea) meets with the DOE Inspection Team to discuss next years Repair & Maintenance priorities.
7) Jose's is a favorite place to watch UH football games.
When the Thunderbirds flew over Waikiki, folks climbed the "pu'u" behind the Kaimuki Fire Station to watch. With a 360 degree view, it's a fabulous spot to bring a plate lunch and watch the sunset. The view stretches from Barbers Point to Koko Head. Entrance on 14th Avenue.
Rep. Barbara Marumoto spotted UH Wahine volley ball starter at Chili's -- Kahala Mall.
8)Rep. Barbara Marumoto talked to Kahala Nui Retirement seniors about her WWII experience as an internee.
The bougainvillea around Times Market on 21st Avenue makes a spectacular backdrop to the parking lot.
9) While some cliffs above Diamond Head Road have been scaled back to prevent rockfalls, other areas need to be made safe. Rep. Barbara Marumoto helped secure $4.4 million during the 2008 legislative session for rockfall mitigation above trails inside the crater as well as on the outer slopes.
D HD LOOKOUT
D HD RD 1
MITIGATION NEEDED 3
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...