Event Calendar Item
Palolo Neighborhood Board Meeting July 2018 Agenda
Date: Wednesday - 7/11/2018
Palolo Neighborhood Board No. 6
2106 10th Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
Phone: (808) 768-3710
Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 7:00 PM
P lolo Elementary School Cafeteria
2106 10th Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96816
Rules of Speaking: Anyone wishing to speak is asked to raise their hand, and when recognized by the Chair, to address comments to the Chair. Speakers are encouraged to keep their comments under three (3) minutes, and those giving reports are urged to keep their reports less than three (3) minutes. Please silence all electronic devices. ¤2-11-311 Order and decorum. (a) All commissioners shall promote and preserve the order and decorum of the commissions proceedings.
Note: The Board may take action on any agenda item. As required by the State Sunshine Law (HRS 92), specific issues not noted on this agenda cannot be voted on, unless added to the agenda. The presiding officer of the commission or the commission may expel any individual whose conduct at the commission meeting is disruptive, disorderly, contemptuous, or improper for the conduct of business at the commission meeting. [Effective 10/20/08] (Auth: RCH ¤¤4-105(4), 14-102) (Imp: RCH ¤¤4-105(4), 14-102)
¤2-14-117 Order and decorum. (a) All board members shall promote and preserve the order and decorum of the boards proceedings. (b) The presiding officer of the board or a majority of the board may expel any individual whose conduct at the board meeting is disruptive, disorderly, contemptuous, or improper for the conduct of business at the board meeting. [Eff 10/20/08] (Auth: RCH ¤14-103(a)) (Imp: RCH ¤14-104)
¤2-14-118 Discussion. (a) When a board member or person properly before the board wishes to speak, the member or person shall address the chair, be recognized before proceeding, and shall confine remarks to the subject under discussion, avoiding personalities and abusive language.
¤2-14-126 Parliamentary authority. The most current edition of Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised shall be the parliamentary authority of all boards when the Hawaii Revised Statutes, the charter, the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu, and the plan are silent. [Eff 10/20/08] (Auth: RCH ¤14-103(a)) (Imp: RCH ¤14-104)
1. CALL TO ORDER (Chair Pro Tem Hack)
2. BOARD ORGANIZATION (Chair Pro Tem Hack) Nomination and Election of Officers
B. Vice Chair
E. Sergeant At Arms
3. CITY MONTHLY REPORTS
A. Honolulu Fire Department
B. Honolulu Police Department
C. Board of Water Supply
4. BOARD MEETING DATE, TIME, LOCATION FOR FISCAL YEAR 2019
5. DETERMINATION OF BOARD RECESS SCHEDULE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2019
6. REQUEST TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OLELO BROADCAST SCHEDULE, OR TO REQUEST FUNDS FOR AN ANNUAL NEWSLETTER
7. ADOPTION OF ORAL TESTIMONY RULES
8. REPORTS OF MEMBERS ATTENDANCE AT OTHER MEETINGS
9. FILLING OF VACANT BOARD SEATS There are two (2) vacancies on the Board, one (1) in Subdistrict 2 and one (1) in Subdistrict 4. People interested in consideration for serving please bring proof of residency.
10. INTRODUCTION OF GUEST Chris Yamamoto, State Department of Transportation, Highways Division.
11. ELECTED OFFICIALS (Limited to three (3) minutes each) Limit member discussion to new business and updates only.
A. City Council Member Ann Kobayashi
B. Mayor Kirk Caldwell s Representative
C. Governor David Ige s Representative
D. State Representative Calvin Say
E. State Senator Les Ihara, Jr.
12. RESIDENTS/COMMUNITY CONCERNS (Limited to three (3) minutes each) Please first be recognized by the Chair, come to the microphone, and state your name. Please stay close to the microphone. NOTE: Because of the State Sunshine Law, concerns may be presented, but Board can take no action during current meeting. All items for decision must be published on the agenda seven (7) days prior to the board meeting. Contact the Chair for agenda requests.
13. PRESENTATION Les Young, Telcom Site Development Services, Inc- New antenna facility 2133 Palolo Avenue (T- Mobile)
14. BOARD MEMBER ABSENCES
15. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Approval of Minutes from May 9, 2018 Meeting
B. Formation of Committees
16. TREASURER S REPORT
A. The P lolo Neighborhood Boards Next Regular Meeting is Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 7:00 PM at P lolo Elementary School.
B. Please Vote in the upcoming Primary Election August 11. Don t forget to mail your absentee ballots in a timely manner.
C. Bulky Trash Pick-Up Take out no-earlier-than one (1) day before the third Wednesday of every month) to preserve the beauty of the valley. Report via Honolulu 311 Smart Phone Application or https://appsto.re/us/SiStC.i Call 768-3203 for violations.
D. Farmers Market Every Wednesday from 6:30 a.m. - 7:20 a.m. at P lolo District Park
E. Olelo Broadcast Slots The P lolo Neighborhood Board No. 6 meetings will tentatively be aired on Channel 49 the first and third Sundays of the month at 12:00 p.m. and the 4th Thursday at 9:00 p.m. or online, anytime at http://www.olelo.org
F. Social Media Join us informally at the Palolo Neighborhood Board No. 6 or P lolo Valley Community page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com. Also stay connected with P lolo at www.nextdoor.com
H. Designated Board Members to Assist to Close-Up Thank you to Shiraki for arranging.
If you would like to receive this Boards agenda and minutes, please contact the Neighborhood Commission Office, Kapalama Hale, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160, Honolulu, HI 96817; call the Neighborhood Assistant at 768-3708 or e-mail email@example.com, fax 768-3705 to be added to the mailing list or visit https://www.honolulu.gov/esub/email-subscribe-nco
Any individual wishing to attend a Neighborhood Board meeting who has questions about accommodations for a physical disability or a special physical need should call the Neighborhood Commission Office at 768-3710 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Powered by MBC CalendarMaker
Events subject to change without notice
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...