- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Art Explorium - Featured Upcoming Workshops
Saturday AND Sunday Workshops!
Exciting news: starting in February, we will offer workshops on both Saturday and Sunday afternoons! We just posted several classes on our web site, and more will be posted soon. This means we have a lot of fun art classes coming up:
- Colorful Painting: Learn all about colors and then use what you learn to create a colorful painting! Sunday, January 15, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up.
- Fold It Up! Origami Workshop: Join us for a fun and creative paper folding class. Sunday, January 22, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Mauka to Makai Mobiles: Use items found from the mountains to the sea to create a hanging sculpture. Sunday, January 29, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up.
- Ceramic Animals: Learn the fundamentals of ceramic sculpture and create a clay animal. Saturday, February 4, 2:30-4pm, $25, ages 5 & up.
- Mini Modern Art Galleries: Create mini art pieces inspired by famous contemporary artists, then learn how to curate your pieces in a mini gallery. Saturday, February 11, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up.
- Mini Model Munchies: Use colorful air-dry clay to make burgers, pizza, cupcakes and more! Saturday, February 18, 2:30-4pm, $20, ages 5 & up.
- Painting the Mokulua Islands: Learn how to paint the iconic Mokulua Islands in this step by step landscape painting workshop. Saturday, February 25, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up.
- Stick Puppet Pals: Keiki love creating things they can play with later so this workshop won't disappoint! Make fun puppets out of all kinds of found items. Sunday, February 26, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up.
More Sunday February workshops will be posted soon. Be sure to pre-register for these workshops soon as many of our weekend classes have been filling up lately.
* IMPORTANT: Please note that once we start offering workshops on Saturday afternoons, we will not be offering our 1:00-4:00 Open Studio hours anymore. Questions? Check out our Calendar for the most up-to-date scheduling information or call us at 312-4316.*
Kids Night Out! (aka Parent Date Night)
Our Kids Night Out events have been a hit so we are planning to offer more of them during 2017. At these evening events keiki get to hang out in our studio while parents can go to one of Kaimuki's many neighborhood restaurants, catch a yoga class, or just get a little quiet time. Let's start things off with a bang on Saturday, January 28 from 5:30-8:00pm! We will be celebrating Chinese New Year, making Chinese lions and scrolls to ring in the Year of the Rooster. We will also offer a Kids Night Out event on Friday, February 17 from 5:30-8pm. Theme to be announced soon, but you can register for it now.
Artist/art teacher Ashley Katamoto will be in charge of the fun at Kids Night Out along with several of our fantastic volunteers. Pizza and healthy snacks are provided. Ages 5 & up. $30 per child ($20 for each additional sibling). Spaces are limited so sign up via our web site today!
Story Time with Christin Lozano
On Monday, January 16 at 10am (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day), librarian and children's book author Christin Lozano will be here for story time! Christin is the author of an adorable new book called Island Toes that is a fun exploration of the wide variety of toes in Hawaii and the various things toes get to do! This event will happen during regular 9am-12pm Open Studio hours on MLK Day so it's still the regular $5 drop-in rate, no pre-registration required.
About Art Explorium
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children.
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization in Kaimuki that provides art opportunities for youth. Stop by and try out our art stations (request a $5 per person coupon>>>).
Open Studio Hours
Monday and Thursday from 9-12 am
Monday through Friday from 2-5 pm
Saturday from 1-4 pm
Nurturing tomorrow's creative thinkers
Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely. We firmly believe that art experiences are an important part of every person's growth and development. So... WE provide the space and materials, YOU provide the ideas and make them happen!
Art Explorium strives to be an eco-friendly organization. Many of the art materials in our studio are items that would normally be thrown in the landfill (old pieces of fabric, used bottle caps, small boxes, magazines, ribbon, etc.). We collect these used materials from our friends and local businesses, and Art Explorium visitors give these items a new life as art.
We offer art classes, birthday parties, and field trips to our studio. We also offer Open Studio time - come on in with your family and dabble in one or all of our art stations which offer activities like painting, sculpting, drawing, making mosaics and more. See you there!
Come on by! During Open Studio time you are free to drop in, use our space and materials and explore the process of creating.
We also offer art classes, birthday parties and field trips to our studio!
Hours and price subject to change without notice.
Ample metered parking is available on the street or in the lot behind our building.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Art Explorium - Children Art Studio - Kaimuki
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children. - Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...