Event Calendar Item
Kapahulu Bible Church - FAMILY CONCERT with JUNKO, September 28, MINI-FUN FAIR 1pm, CONCERT 2pm
Date: Saturday - 9/28/2013
Time: see notes
Kapahulu Bible Church (KBC)
3224 Kaunaoa st.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
JUNKO, recording artist, songwriter, and worship leader, will be having a Family CONCERT at KBC on September 28, Saturday.
Randy and Gay Hongo will make a Special Guest Appearance at the Family Concert with JUNKO on September 28, Saturday, at Kapahulu Bible Church. The MINI-FUN FAIR begins at 1pm, then the FAMILY CONCERT will start at 2pm. We're planning on having puppets, face painting, shave ice, pupus, hulas, bounce house, and other fun things! After the concert, please stay for refreshments and for more of the MINI-FUN FAIR. Everything is FREE, just like God's Grace!
If you would like to be part of the planning and production team, please contact Norman or Ezekiel.
Please pray for all the details. Thank you very much!
Send an Email to Norman and Ezekiel: /_forms/view/15127
JUNKO on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohbHFTZ_NVc&noredirect=1
JUNKO's website: http://www.junko.com/
Kapahulu Bible Church (KBC)
Kapahulu Bible Church is a community of believers who love Jesus and live out His teachings. We strive to grow deeper in our relationship with Christ Jesus as individuals and as one body. It is our passion to win new believers to Christ through loving relationships and equip believers to live a fulfilling life in Him.
From a humble start in a barn, Kapahulu Bible Church has been serving the needs of Kapahulu for over 60 years. Easter Sunday 1963, our current building was finished and dedicated to the Lord. To this day, our passion to serve the needs of Kapahulu and beyond continue strong as we share the love of Jesus.
The mission of Kapahulu Bible Church is to be a family of believers that shines the light of Jesus into every corner of our community and our world.
- Worship - Demonstrated by loving God with our whole being.
- Community - Demonstrated by sharing and serving one another in loving relationships.
- Missional Lifestyle - Demonstrated by living out and proclaiming the message of Jesus to people where they are.
- Spiritual Formation - Demonstrated by a life-long process of helping one another become like Jesus.
- Prayer - Demonstrated by a commitment to be people of Prayer.
- The Word - Demonstrated by presenting the Bible as the foundation for Christian living.
WHAT WE BELIEVE / STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. There is one God, (1) who is infinitely perfect, (2) existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(3)
( Deuteronomy 6:4,  Matthew 5:48,  Matthew 28:19)
2. Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man.(4) He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.5 He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust,(6) as a substitutionary sacrifice,(7) and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.(8) He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.(9) He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest.(10) He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace.(11)
( Philippians 2:6-11,  Luke 1:36-38,  I Peter 3:18,  Hebrews 2:9,  Romans 5:9,  Acts 2:23--24,  Hebrews 8:1,  Matthew 26:64)
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine person,(12) sent to dwell, guide, teach, and empower the believer,(13) and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.(14)
( John 14:15--18,  John 16:13, Acts 1:9,  John 16:7--11)
4 . The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.(15)
( 2 Peter 1:20--21, 2 Timothy 3:15--16)
5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God:(16) he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature,(17) are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.(18) The portion of the unrepentant and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment;(19) and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.(20)
( Genesis 1:27,  Romans 3:23,  1 Corinthians15:20--23,  Revelation 21:8,  Revelation 21:1--4)
6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.(21)
( Titus 3:4--7)
7. It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly,(22) being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service.(23) This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.(24)
( 1 Thessalonians 5:23,  Acts 1:8,  Romans 6:1--14)
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body.(25) Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.(26)
( Matthew 8:16--17,  James 5:13--16)
9. The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, (27) which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.(28) The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper.(29)
( Ephesians 1:22--23,  Matthew 28:19--20,  Acts 2:41--47)
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life;(30) for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.(31)
( 1 Corinthians 15:20--23,  John 5:28--29)
11. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent(32) and will be personal, visible, and premillennial.(33) This is the believer's blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.(34)
( Hebrews 10:37,  Luke 21:27,  Titus 2:11--14
Back to the top
Rev. Jim Stern Until January, 2002, Jim (yea, you can just call him by his first name) and his wife Anna have been bouncing all around the earth, following God’s leading for their lives. Originally from the Midwest, they moved with their family to Hong Kong... view details
Kenric Odani Kenric is a homegrown (“local boy”) Pastor. He first came to Kapahulu Bible Church as a junior in high school. A couple years later he left to attend Toccoa Falls College, a school affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Upon gradu... view details
Worship Arts Director
Tony Tam Sing Shout for joy to the Lord all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs! Psalm 100:1, 2 and "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13 are two of my lifelong scripture verses in ... view details
KBC Secretary Administrator
Carolyn PoonThe Lord brought me back to Hawaii in 2007 to help my sisters care for our mother and KBC required a secretary administer who loves Jesus a compassion for people. My skills were a perfect fit for KBC so they hired me and now I’m i... view details
Jared Westenhaver Q. How long have you been at KBC? A. 15 years Q. Reason for serving KBC? A. I felt God called me to KBC in high school. It was the place that I found very loving people who are sacrificial and chose to continue serving with my fami... view details
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Powered by MBC CalendarMaker
Events subject to change without notice
- RELATED LINKS
- Kapahulu Bible Church (KBC)
KBC of the Christian & Missionary Alliance "Offering Hope and Acceptance to All Generations"
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...