Event Calendar Item
Palolo Neighborhood Board No. 6 Meeting and Agenda
Date: Wednesday - 7/12/2017
Palolo Neighborhood Board No. 6
2106 10th Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
Phone: (808) 768-3710
Serving the public - Come learn about what's going on in the Palolo community. A neighborhood board close to the Kaimuki - Honolulu, Hawaii area.
Pālolo Neighborhood Board No. 6
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA -- INITIAL CONVENING
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:00PM
Pālolo Elementary School Cafeteria
2106 10th Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96816
Rules of Speaking: Anyone wishing to speak is asked to raise their hand, and when recognized by the Chair, to address comments to the Chair. Speakers are encouraged to keep their comments under three (3) minutes, and those giving reports are urged to keep their reports less than three (3) minutes. Please silence all electronic de-vices. §2-11-311 Order and decorum. (a) All commissioners shall promote and preserve the order and decorum of the commission's proceedings.
Note: The Board may take action on any agenda item. As required by the State Sunshine Law (HRS 92), specif-ic issues not noted on this agenda cannot be voted on, unless added to the agenda. The presiding officer of the commission or the commission may expel any individual whose conduct at the commission meeting is dis-ruptive, disorderly, contemptuous, or improper for the conduct of business at the commission meeting. [Effec-tive 10/20/08] (Auth: RCH §§4-105(4), 14-102) (Imp: RCH §§4-105(4), 14-102)
§2-14-117 Order and decorum. (a) All board members shall promote and preserve the order and decorum of the board's proceedings. (b) The presiding officer of the board or a majority of the board may expel any indi-vidual whose conduct at the board meeting is disruptive, disorderly, contemptuous, or improper for the con-duct of business at the board meeting. [Eff 10/20/08] (Auth: RCH §14-103(a)) (Imp: RCH §14-104)
§2-14-118 Discussion. (a) When a board member or person properly before the board wishes to speak, the member or person shall address the chair, be recognized before proceeding, and shall confine remarks to the subject under discussion, avoiding personalities and abusive language.
§2-14-126 Parliamentary authority. The most current edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised shall be the parliamentary authority of all boards when the Hawaii Revised Statutes, the charter, the Revised Ordi-nances of Honolulu, and the plan are silent. [Eff 10/20/08] (Auth: RCH §14-103(a)) (Imp: RCH §14-104)
1. CALL TO ORDER (Chair Pro Tem Hack)
2. WELCOME TO NEW BOARD MEMBERS (Please Rise and Be Recognized)
3. BOARD ORGANIZATION (Chair Pro Tem Hack) - Nomination and Election of Officers
4. CITY/STATE MONTHLY REPORTS
A. Honolulu Fire Department
B. Honolulu Police Department
C. Board of Water Supply
5. BOARD MEETING DATE TIME LOCATION FOR FISCAL YEAR 2018 (AUGUST 2017 to JUNE 2018)
6. DETERMINATION OF BOARD RECESS SCHEDULE (AUGUST 2017 to JUNE 2018)
7. REQUEST TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OLELO BROADCAST PROGRAM OR TO REQUEST FUNDS FOR AN ANNUAL NEWSLETTER
8. ADOPTION OF ORAL TESTIMONY RULES
9. REPORTS OF MEMBERS ATTENDANCE AT OTHER MEETINGS
10. FILLING OF VACANT BOARD SEATS: There are three (3) vacancies on the Board. One (1) vacancy in Sub-district one and two (2) vacancies in Sub-district 2. Residents interested in filling a vacant board seat must bring current proof of residency to the Board meeting.
11. ELECTED OFFICIALS (Limited to three (3) minutes each) -- Limit member discussion to new busi-ness and updates only. Committees to handle recurring issues.
A. City Councilmember Ann Kobayashi
B. Mayor Kirk Caldwell's Representative
C. Governor David Ige's Representative
D. State Representative Calvin Say
E. State Senator Les Ihara, Jr.
12. RESIDENTS'/COMMUNITY CONCERNS (Limited to three (3) minutes each) Please first be recognized by the Chair, come to the microphone, and state your name. NOTE: Because of the State "Sunshine Law," concerns may be presented, but Board can take no action during current meeting. All items for decision must be published on the agenda seven (7) days prior to the board meeting. Contact Chair Pro Tem Randolph Hack at 753-0710 or RandyInKaimuki@gmail.com with agenda item requests.
13. PRESENTATION -- Red Hill Fuel Storage- Sierra Club Oahu Group Coordinator, Jodi Malinoski
14. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Approval of Minutes from Monday, May 10, 2017
B. Formation of Board Committees
B. Committee Carryover
A. The Pālolo Neighborhood Board's Next Meeting is Tentatively on Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at7:00 PM at Pālolo Elementary School.
B. Bulky Trash Pick-Up -- Take out no-earlier-than one (1) day before the third Wednesday of every month) to preserve the beauty of the valley. Report via Honolulu 311 Smart Phone Application or https://appsto.re/us/SiStC.i Call 768-3203 for violations.
C. Farmers' Market -- Every Wednesday from 6:30 a.m. - 7:20 a.m. at Pālolo District Park
D. 'Olelo Broadcast Slots -- The Pālolo Neighborhood Board No. 6 meetings are aired on Channel
49 the first and third Sundays of the month at 12:00 p.m. and the 4th Thursday at 9:00 p.m. or online, anytime at http://www.olelo.org.
F. Agenda Requests -- No Later Than two (2)-weeks prior to meeting, contact the Neighborhood Commission office at 768-3705.
G. Designated Board Members to Assist to Close-Up -- Mahalo to Shiraki and Hack for arranging.
A mailing list is maintained for interested persons and agencies to receive this board's agenda and minutes. Additions, corrections, and deletions to the mailing list may be directed to the Neighborhood Commission Office (NCO) at Kapalama Hale, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160 Honolulu, Hawaii 96817; Telephone (808) 768-3710 Fax (808) 768-3711; or call Neighborhood Assistant Name of Neighborhood Assistant at (808) 768-3781 or e-mail email@example.com. Agendas and minutes are also available on the internet at www.honolulu.gov/nco.
All written testimony must be received in the Neighborhood Commission Office 48 hours prior to the meet-ing. If within 48 hours, written and/or oral testimony may be submitted directly to the board at the meeting. If submitting written testimony, please note the board and agenda item(s) your testimony concerns. Send to: Neighborhood Commission Office, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160 Honolulu, Hawaii 96817. Fax: (808) 768-3711. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require special assistance, auxiliary aid and/or service to participate in this event (i.e. sign language interpreter; interpreter for language other than English, or wheelchair accessibility), please contact the NCO at (808) 768-3710 or email your request to email@example.com at least three (3) business days prior to the meeting.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Powered by MBC CalendarMaker
Events subject to change without notice
- RELATED LINKS
- Palolo Neighborhood Board No. 6
Come learn about what's going on in the Palolo community. A neighborhood board close to the Kaimuki - Honolulu, Hawaii area.
- GOVERNMENT - Current Kaimuki, Hawaii Government Representatives and Politics
Listing of current government representatives for the Kaimuki, Hawaii area
Kaimuki Hawaii Public Resources and Government Master Directory
Here are our various government and public service groups serving the Kaimuki community. Read the profiles and contact information of Kaimuki-based government representatives, our Parks, the Kaimuki Neighborhood Board and more!
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...