- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Down To Earth Featured Receipt - Avocado and Grilled Veggie Wrap
Recipe created by Saradha Johnson and featured at our Honolulu Cooking Class "Fresh & Healthy Ono Wraps".
• 1 cup Lamscape LLC Shitake Mushroom Bamboo Rice
• 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1½ cups sliced onion
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups sliced local button mushrooms
• 1½ cups matchstick carrots
• 1½ cups matchstick zucchini
• 2 ears local corn, husked
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon cumin
• salt and pepper to taste
• 4 large tortillas
• 1 medium avocado, sliced
• Pico de Gallo
1. Cook bamboo rice according to package directions.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions caramelize.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients and cook until carrots are tender. Set aside.
5. Heat tortillas in a skillet to soften. Remove from pan and add sliced avocado, rice, grilled veggies and Pico de Gallo in the center of your tortilla. Fold in the sides and firmly roll tortilla away into a wrap. Enjoy!
Yields 4 large wraps
About Down to Earth
Down to Earth's mission is to facilitate positive change by promoting healthy living, a vegetarian lifestyle, respect for the environment, and sustainable organic farming while providing high-quality organic and natural products at affordable down to earth prices.
We are Hawaii's only ALL VEGETARIAN food store chain and one of only a few in the Nation. The company was started in 1977, over 30 years ago, when a group of friends in Wailuku, Maui, turned their vision into a business dedicated to improving the health of island communities through organic and natural products and a vegetarian lifestyle.
We Support Local Farmers
Down to Earth has a 30-year history of supporting local vendors, a commitment that is unflinching and will continue to grow. For example, Down to Earth typically purchases nearly $2.5 million in products from 400 local vendors including 172 farmers and growers each year!
We strongly support local farmers through our policy of purchasing virtually all the produce they are willing to sell us--even if it's only a crate full. The reason we do this is simple:
- Customers prefer local produce because it is fresher and better for the environment
- It consumes less energy in transporting products to our islands
- Purchasing from local vendors supports our local communities, and
- We appreciate the opportunity to help farmers succeed
We Give Back to the Community
Down to Earth provides free vegetarian cooking classes and nutritional seminars in its stores, and in the community at local hospitals and schools. We also participate in health fairs and other events to help educate island communities about the importance of living a healthy, vegetarian lifestyle. We believe that the very act of selling natural and organic all-vegetarian products in as many locations as possible is in itself an activity that greatly benefits the community.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
Foodland Grocery Store Sales, Coupons, Discounts
Get Foodland Super Market Grocery sales sheet, coupons, discounts for the Kaimuki community.
Foodland Super Market Job Listings and Careers
Work for one of the best/stable Super Markets in Hawaii!Looking for jobs at Foodland Super Market? We are sure to have a career that is perfect for you.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...