- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
"Sing 2012" Keiki Vocal Competition - Kahala Mall - Extended to June 15, 2012
Top three winners from left to right: Ari Dalbert, Ciana Pelekai (winner), and Arianna Yago, with Paul Okami, one of our sponsors from KoAloha Ukulele.
WHO: KAHALA MALL - “SING 2012”
WHAT: VOCAL COMPETITION
WHEN: SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FROM MAY 1 – 29, 2012 - Extended to 6/15/2012
WHERE: ONLINE YOUTUBE SUBMISSION or CD DROP OFF at KAHALA MALL MANAGEMENT OFFICE.
Calling all singers between the ages of 9 and 18 years of age! Vocalists from Hawaii will be able to submit a minimum one-minute You Tube clip of their talent to be eligible as a contestant in the Kahala Mall Sing Competition.
Our esteemed judges panel for the final competition
After all clips are reviewed, a prestigious group of qualified judges along with Kahala Mall management, will select a total of 24 lucky contestants who will perform as semi-finalists on
July 25th (category 9 - 13 years of age) and 26th (category 14 - 18 years of age), from 6:00 – 7:00 pm on the Kahala Mall stage. From there, only 12 finalists will be chosen to perform in the finals on August 11, 2012 (2:00 – 4:00 pm) and compete for the chance to win Kahala Mall gift certificates and prizes and a custom KoAloha Ukulele.
Contest rules are as follows:
The Kahala Mall Sing Vocal Competition is open to all singers between the ages of 9 and 18 years of age (must be maximum 18 years old by the July 25th semi-final date).
- Each vocalist must submit a minimum one-minute You Tube clip of a recent performance showcasing his or her talent. Also included in the information must be a one-page, double-spaced bio describing the singer, as well as all contact information including contact name, address, phone number, and email address.
- If chosen as a semi-finalist, each vocalist must submit one (1) CD with the chosen song (karaoke) that they will use to perform for semi-finals/finals. The song shall be no longer than three (3) minutes and will be the song that they will perform in the finals.
- All You Tube video submissions should be emailed to: email@example.com. (No phone calls please).
- Deadline to receive submissions by is: May 29, 2012.
- The 24 semi-finalists that are chosen will be notified by June 15, 2012 in order to prepare for the semi-finals on July 25th and 26th, 2012.
- Visit kahalamallcenter.com for details.
# # #
All judges and finalists
Guest performance by Manoa DNA
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kahala Mall
Set apart from the bustle of downtown and conveniently located in one of Oahu's most prestigious neighborhoods
- Whole Foods Market Kahala
We seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we're all about. Request Whole Foods Market Weekly Special Has coupon!!
- Nicky Shoe Company - CLOSED
Step In... And Step Up to Fashion at Aloha Tower Marketplace!
- Magnolia at Kahala Mall
Magnolia carries an exceptional handpicked selection of antique and vintage furniture, as well as an eclectic mix of home furnishings, gifts and accessories. Also housed within Magnolia is an olive oil boutique that contains a superb selection of gourmet food items as well as a wide array of artisinal olive oils, many of which are directly imported and found. nowhere else in the Islands.
- Lenscrafters - Kahala Mall
At LensCrafters, we help every customer look great in their new glasses. No matter how you spend your day in the sun, we've got the prescriptions sunglassess for you.
- Pineapple Cove - Scrapbook And Paper Craft Store
Pineapple Cove is your source for creative ways to organize, display and preserve your memories. We are a full-service scrapbook and paper craft and yarn store that is dedicated to providing our customers with superior customer service and support.
The fashionable consignment boutique. PZAZZ is a high-end resale shop that offfers designer brands at a fraction of their original cost. With designer clothing prices soaring, you can still afford to update your wardrobe without seriously putting a dent in your bank account.
Kupu provides a home organization for the Hawaii Youth Conservation Corps and Urban Corps that is set up specifically for youth job-training and development in natural resource management.
- Periodontics-Implant Center of Hawaii - Dr. Earl Ah Moo, D.D.S.,M.S.
Specializing in building beautiful smiles through state-of-the-art restorative techniques in Hawaii since 1964.
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties is Oahu's market leader in real estate sales.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...