- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Hawaii State Public Library System 2012 Accomplishments!
- 600 new public access computers were installed in libraries statewide courtesy of federal Broadband Technology Opportunity Program (BTOP) funding
- Library Internet Sessions Hit All-Time High of 600,855
- Free Wi-Fi Available in All 50 Libraries on April 2
- Summer Reading Programs Set Records: 29,011 readers of all ages read more than 300,000 books
- North Kohala Public Library received the coveted Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification in June, and recognition in Library Journal's annual achievements in architecture issue.
- New Manoa Public Library Opens on June 9
- ZoomText and JAWS visually-assistive software has been installed in all public access computers.
- HSPLS Launches Enterprise, a new dynamic web portal
- 2,015 Volunteers (adults and youth) contributed 65,153 hours at 47 libraries and 3 support offices
- HSPLS earned the state's first Excellence in Technology Award
About Kaimuki Public Library
The mission of the Hawaii State Public Library System is to provide Hawaii's residents, in all walks of life, and at each stage of their lives, with access to education, information, programs and services, and to teach and nurture the love of reading and the habit of life-long learning.
Sun - 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Mon - 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Tues - 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Wed. - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thurs.- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Fri- 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (beginning 12/7/2012)
Sat & State Holidays - Closed
You may apply for a library card at any Hawaii public library. The initial card is FREE for Hawaii residents. Cards are also free for military personnel and their dependents with a copy of orders. The resident card replacement fee is $5.00. Resident library cards must be renewed every five years. There is no charge for the renewal.
Branch Manager -- Maile Davis
Reference Librarian -- Jeffery Eldredge
Reference Librarian -- Cora Kelly
Children's Librarian -- Melissa LePage
Young Adult Librarian -- Baron Baroza
first one free, replacement $5.00
3 weeks for books and CDs
1 week for DVDs/ videos
View more information on Borrowing, Returning & Renewing Materials
25 cents per day for all ages for books, CDs, DVDs/videos
$1.00 per week for DVDs and videos
CONNECT FROM HOME:
- Search Catalog
- CDs & DVDs
- electronic databases
- Download eBooks/Audio/Music
- library information
- Free Wi-Fi in the library during business hours. Login using your valid library card number and your PIN (last 4 digits of your phone no.)
- and more!
Most Sundays at 10:30 am, call 733-842. Enjoy stories and a simple craft.
Internet Computers -- one hour sessions with valid library card
13 internet computers for the public, one w/ ADA accommodations... printing available, donations requested
Click here for commonly asked questions regarding PC Reservations
Reserve a PC here
On person with library material or call 733-8422, then press "0" -- have your library material with you when calling. For online renewals, use www.librarieshawaii.org and "my account" and your library card no.
Book Drops -- for after business hours -- one by the front door or drive-up book drop in the upper parking lot
Friends of the Kaimuki Library -- support group for the library
-- Members and officers needed
-- Ongoing book sale bookshelf - $1.00 per book
** 20 cents per page
2 Microfilm Reader/Printers
** 15 cents per page
Ongoing Book Sale
** Friends of Kaimuki Library
The Hawaii State Public Library System provides the following enhanced services for library users. Click on the service in which you are interested for more information.
- Books by Mail
- Custom Research
- Interlibrary Loans
- Photocopying and Mailing Documents
- Test Proctoring
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Public Library
One of the best public resources in Kaimuki! The Hawaii State Public Library System provides Hawaii's residents in all walks of life with access to education, information, programs and services.
1041 Koko Head Avenue, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...