- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA) - Informational Video Posted
Who we are:
- Established in 1998, the HTA is the lead state agency for Hawai‘i’s visitor industry
- Responsible for setting tourism policy and direction from a statewide perspective
- Funded through a set percentage of the transient accommodations a tax (TAT) collection that is assessed on hotels, vacation rentals and other accommodations.
- The HTA is headed by President and CEO Mike McCartney, and a 12 member policy-making board of directors who represent the visitor industry, business community, community-at-large, and Hawai‘i’s four counties
- Improve the quality of the Hawai‘i experience
- Contribute to a good quality of life for Hawai‘i residents
- Achieve or exceed:
- Visitor spending targets
- Per person per day spending targets
- Air seat targets
- Visitor spending targets
What we do:
As the state’s tourism agency, one of the HTA’s key strategic roles is brand management, more specifically, managing the promotion of Hawai‘i’s brand, and supporting programs to help deliver on the brand promise. This work requires the HTA, as the overall custodian of the Hawai‘i brand, to ensure the alignment of advertising and marketing programs with a true Hawai‘i experience.
Successful brand management is achieved by the HTA coordinating with global marketing partners, visitor industry partners, including domestic and international airline carriers, travel trade members, and community stakeholders to ensure marketing and communication efforts are on target and appropriate, and aligned with Hawai‘i’s distinctive products, activities, natural resources, Hawaiian culture and multi-cultures–in sum, the Hawai‘i experience.
Relating to the Hawai‘i experience and delivering on the Hawai‘i brand promise, the HTA has the ability to manage, create and support the development of unique tourism experiences such as community and cultural festivals, sporting events, natural resources and community programs. The HTA also directly affects the visitor experience through its support of workforce development and visitor assistance initiatives, all the while integrating the community and residents considerations and respect for the Hawaiian host culture.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA)
Established in 1998, the HTA is the lead state agency for Hawai‘i’s visitor industry. the HTA has the ability to manage, create and support the development of unique tourism experiences such as community and cultural festivals, sporting events, natural resources and community programs.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...