- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
2018 Neighborhood Plan Comprehensive Review
The Neighborhood Commission Neighborhood Plan Committee is beginning its review of the entire 2008 (as revised) Neighborhood Plan and we request your input on what changes you feel would enhance the ability of the Neighborhood Plan to support your Neighborhood Board.
Section 2-20-101: Periodic comprehensive review states that: "On or before July 31, 2018 and at intervals of not more than ten years thereafter, the commission shall appoint a committee to conduct a review of this plan. The committee shall consist of members of the commission, members of the boards, and the executive secretary. The committee shall comprehensively study, review and evaluate the plan, solicit public comments thereon, and report committee's activities and findings to the commission and recommend any amendment necessary to improve the plan and to promote the efficient and effective conduct of the duties and business of the neighborhood board system".
A few things to keep in mind are:
• The Neighborhood Plan shall not duplicate federal/state/city statutes and shall always be second to those statutes. In other words, we shall not include all the provisions of HRS 92 (Sunshine Law) in the Neighborhood Plan.
• All recommendations will be considered by the committee and those accepted at our meetings will be reviewed by Corporation Counsel for legality before they can be submitted to the entire Neighborhood Commission for consideration. Agendas will be published for each meeting and open to the public.
• There will be more than one opportunity for you to submit recommendations and a full public hearing will be held before any changes are considered by the Neighborhood Commission for action.
An electronic copy of the most recent Neighborhood Plan can be found here: https://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/nco/nco_docs/June_2017_Plan.pdf.
We request recommendations be submitted in writing to the Neighborhood Commission Office and that they arrive no later than Friday, October 13, 2017.
• By USPS mail to Neighborhood Commission Office, 925 Dillingham Boulevard, Suite 160, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817;
• By e-mail to email@example.com; or
• By fax to 808-768-3711
Over the past 10 years the Neighborhood Commission has made several revisions to the 2008 plan and looks forward to making the 2018 Neighborhood Plan the best plan for all Neighborhood Boards.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...