BIA - The New Summer Home Building & Remodeling Show 2017
New Summer Home Building & Remodeling Show
BIA's second consumer show of the year, the New Summer Home Building & Remodeling Show, draws approximately 8,000 attendees each year. Our exhibitors are licensed contractors and suppliers in compliance with state laws who have been reviewed by BBB and the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs for complaints. Attendees learn how to budget, design, plan and build their projects by talking with exhibitors and attending seminars. This year, there are even more seminars which address issues that Hawaii residents are focused on today; such as remodeling for multi-generational living, natural disaster preparedness, and homes for your lifestyle.
- Keiki Green Thumb Korner - create a small planter to take home on Sunday. Free tickets will be passed out at 10 am on Sunday to secure a space and planting materials. Must be under 18 to participate. One planter per person.
- You can enter to win a wide variety of prizes for your home at the show. Visit the BIA-Hawaii Booth on Saturday and Sunday for drawings. Free to enter and winners do NOT need to be present to win.
- Check out the Renaissance Award winners and 2017 entries. These displays represent some of the very best that builders and designers in Hawaii have to offer. See how builders, architects, and designers are building your homes and your community.
- Ask the Expert AND Seminars are available at this show. We have sessions to answer your questions about how to prepare your home for aging in place, how to approach accessory dwelling units, and design tips for your lifestyle.
Friday, August 11, 2017 | 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Saturday, August 12, 2017 | 9:30 am - 8:30 pm
Sunday, August 13, 2017 | 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Neal S. Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
777 Ward Avenue
Neal Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
One-day admission: $7.00 | Three-day pass: $10.00
Senior Sunday: $2.00 for seniors aged 60 and older (with valid I.D.)
Senior Sunday, August 13, 2017 only
Children 10 years and under free
About Building Industry Association of Hawaii - BIA
Representing some of the best building industry businesses and its associates.
A Affiliate of the NAHB
National Association of Home Builders
Code of Ethic
Education Back to the top
Download Information Packet
Download Membership Registration/Application
MISSION STATEMENT (Back to the top)
Chartered in 1955, the Building Industry Association of Hawaii is a professional trade organization affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders, representing the building industry and its associates.
BIA-Hawaii takes a leadership role in unifying and promoting the interests of the industry to enhance the quality of life for the people of Hawaii.
ABOUT (Back to the top)
In 1955 we joined over 800 other professional trade organizations as an affiliate of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Since that time, BIA-Hawai'i has taken a leadership role in furthering the building industry here in our state. As we enter our 53rd year of service to Hawai'i, we welcome all developers, builders, suppliers and associates of the building industry to join us in our mission. Chartered in 1955, the Building Industry Association of Hawai'i is a professional trade organization affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders, representing the building industry and its associates. BIA-Hawai'i takes a leadership role in unifying and promoting the interests of the industry to enhance the quality of life for the people of Hawai'i.
HISTORY (Back to the top)
In the mid 1950's, Hawai'i was still a territory with an agricultural economy. Dwight Eisenhower was president of the United States and Bill Quinn was Hawaii's appointed governor.
During this time there were visionary men who foresaw the imminence of statehood and recognized the boom it would bring to our economy. These visionaries foresaw the importance of the building industry in the coming explosive growth of Hawaii and understood the value of bonding together in an association to promote the home building and construction industry.
And so, in 1955, ten of these visionary men; William Blackfield, Bert Kanzaki, Earl Kato, Robert M. Kaya, Ward Kegin, Robert Kuniyuki, James Lai, Melvin Muraoka, Richard Sato and Kenneth Shioi, joined with others to charter the Home Builders Association of Hawai'i with Robert M. Kaya its first president. The new association affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and was granted charter number 1220. Based in Washington DC, the NAHB is one of the largest and most influential trade associations in the country today.
Along the way, Hawai'i did indeed become the 50th State in the Union, and the Home Builders Association of Hawaii grew and expanded its reach, ultimately becoming the Building Industry Association of Hawai'i (BIA--Hawai'i) in 1979.
Members of BIA-Hawai'i are developers, contractors, suppliers, Realtors, architects, financial institutions and a host of other professionals who service the building industry. This unique mix enables members to network across their respective sectors and also provides the bridging of diverse interests into a common whole allowing the BIA to address the many challenges facing the industry with a uniquely balanced perspective.
Most people, recognize BIA-Hawai'i for its production of the industry's premier community-wide annual events: the BIA--Hawaii Parade of Homes, the BIA--Hawai'i Home Building & Remodeling Show, and the BIA--Hawai'i Renaissance Building & Remodeling Awards. For 15 years, BIA-Hawai'i has been presenting consumer education through the Remodel It Right Seminars in our communities.
CODE OF ETHICS (Back to the top)
As members in good standing of the Building Industry Association of Hawaii, we believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in building and renovating. Basic to these ethical beliefs, we support the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill.
- To provide the best value possible.
- To protect the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction backed by integrity and service.
- To build and renovate with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
- To meet all financial obligation of time.
- To comply consistently with the spirit and letter of business contracts, and manage employees, sub-contractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- To keep informed and to share knowledge regarding laws, regulations, proposed legislation, codes, public policies and other essential information which affect our business interest and those of the building industry as a whole.
- To comply in both spirit and letter with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- To keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- To protect all parties in our business activities by putting all financial obligations and commitments in writing, expressing the exact agreement of the parties; and to provide copies of such agreements in a timely manner to all parties involved.
- To provide timely and appropriate response to items covered under warranty.
- To conduct business so as to avoid controversies, and should controversy arise, to seek to resolve such controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
- To support and abide by the decisions of the association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
Finally, because we hold inviolate the free enterprise system and American way of life, we pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations, and all related industries concerned with preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
About Building Industry Association of Hawaii - BIA
Back to the top
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Executive VP / CEO
Karen T. Nakamura
The first woman licensed general contractor in the State of Hawaii, Karen T. Nakamura, CGR, currently serves as the Executive VP / CEO BIA-Hawaii. Nakamura has more than 30 years of experience in the building industry.
- RELATED LINKS
- Building Industry Association of Hawaii - BIA
Representing some of the best building industry businesses and its associates.. BIA-Hawai'i takes a leadership role in unifying and promoting the interests of the industry to enhance the quality of life for the people of Hawai'i.
Green Hawaiian Home in Kaimuki by BIA-Hawaii
Check out Kaimuki's first Green Home Open House by BIA Hawaii. BIA Hawaii in conjunction with a variety of building industry partners has built the first sustainable, energy efficient green home in the Kaimuki area.
- GO GREEN - Go Green in Kaimuki, Hawaii
Learn how to go green in Kaimuki, Hawaii More...
|Privacy - We value our relationship with YOU!. Your Email address is not shared with anyone except Kaimuki Hawaii.com. You will be added to the "once a month" Kaimuki, Hawaii Email newsletter to keep you current and informed. If you would like to be removed, just reply to the Email confirmation with "DISCONTINUE" in the subject line.|
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...