Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation - Feature
View Map of Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation
Welcome to a place you can call home
At Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, our philosophy is simple: we know that there is no place like home, so we must do our utmost to make Maunalani our residents' home. Our goal is to let you experience our uniqueness in the most positive ways.
Many exciting transformations are taking place in the best of American nursing homes, and Maunalani is evolving with the leaders. What makes Maunalani unique is a combination of where we are, who we are and what we believe.
The History of Maunalani
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is the culmination of a dream and a need in the community. Many years ago, Ethelwyn A. Castle, a daughter of Hawaii, bought nine and a half acres of land on Maunalani Heights and there built her home. In her will, she made provisions that subject to the life tenures of several relatives, her home should become a residence for people needing care. A part of her home still exists as part of our facility today.
Maunalani first opened its doors on January 6, 1950 with 42 beds. Its first administrator was the late Elaine P. Johnson who set the pace for what Maunalani is today.
Over the years, Maunalani has experienced a series of additions and renovations to the original Castle family residence. Its name has also evolved from Convalescent Nursing Home to Maunalani Hospital to finally, the present Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in March of 1998.
Maunalani organization consists of two entities:
1. Maunalani Foundation
2. Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Both entities are organized under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code as non-profit organizations. The nursing center is licensed by the State of Hawaii as a skilled nursing facility. It provides both short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing services. The bed capacity is 100.
In keeping with its non-for-profit mission, Maunalani routinely provides services to residents which go beyond the standard room and board required by regulations. This is possible through donations, trust funds and the facility's ability to operate at cost. It is the quality of services that makes Maunalani one of the finest long-term care facilities in the State of Hawaii.
Who we are, why we exist & what we seek to accomplish.
Maunalani is a private non-profit health care organization founded in 1950. We are committed to providing excellence in nursing care and rehabilitation services by being ready to meet the changing needs of the community.
What we wish to become and where we see us going.
Maunalani will be the provider and employer of choice in the industry. Residents and guests will experience a culture of caring that is life affirming, satisfying and meaningful.
We are guided by a set of shared values that describe the Maunalani (MNRC) Spirit. They are the principles and beliefs that drive how we operate Maunalani and how we wish to live and work together. We will make it a habit of abiding by these values everyday.
- Meaning - Every human life is sacred. We believe in bringing meaning and purpose into the lives of the people who live and work here by recognizing and meeting each person's unique needs.
- New - We will embrace change, growth and development.
- Relationship is the fundamental building block of our culture. We will promote a sense of community where residents, staff and families will trust, support and care about one another.
- Communication - We will promote active listening and clearly communicating information and expectations.
- Service is our business. We believe in personalizing our services by giving our customers what they want and need to the extent possible.
- Pride and Passion - We will represent Maunalani with confidence and pride by taking ownership of what we do.
- Interdependence - We believe in teamwork and reliance on one another for support and assistance.
- Respect - We believe in treating everyone with respect, dignity and courtesy.
- Inspire - We believe in everyone's ability to learn and grow through each other's inspiration and mentoring.
- Thankfulness - We appreciate the opportunity to serve one another and will be generous with our sincere thanks.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
REQUEST A FREE APPOINTMENT!
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...