2017 Kaimuki/Hawaii State Library Summer Reading Programs And Events
Build a Better World with this year's Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) 2017 Summer Reading Program at all 50 public libraries statewide from June 4 through July 15. The program is designed for all ages from keiki to kupuna.
HSPLS has built a better Summer Reading Program that is online and more flexible to make it easier to participate during the hectic summertime.
New this year:
· Pre-register online for the free six-week program -- now available at www.librarieshawaii.org. Then go to your local library beginning the week of June 4 to receive the mystery sign-up bonus, while supplies last.
· Read and log minutes online with any smart device or computer to earn badges for every 100 minutes you read
· When you achieve the 100, 300, and 600 minute badges, special rewards are available from any public library, while supplies last.
· Chances to win lucky prize drawings are earned for every 100 minutes read and logged. The more minutes you read, the more chances you earn towards the lucky prize drawings.
"We encourage everyone to ‘build up' their reading time this summer," said State Librarian Stacey Aldrich. "Reading during the summer is a wonderful opportunity to dive into stories that inspire, ignite our imagination, and just simply help us see the world from a new perspective. For students, it's also a great way to keep up reading skills and improve vocabulary. We hope everyone will read, log, and earn rewards anywhere, any time, and with any smart device or computer this summer!" Aldrich said.
For children, teens, and adults!
Join the Summer Reading Program from June 4 to July 15, 2017 to discover great reads and earn rewards! This program is now available online! Participate anywhere, any time, usingyour smartphone or device. Register now!
Helpful tips for online participation:
- Create an Account
- Log Minutes Read
- Set Personal Reading Goal
- Report Your Personal Reading Goal is Completed & Receive a Certificate
- Add Another Reader
- Forgot Your Summer Reading Password?
2017 Summer Reading Program Guides -- Printable Pages
For additional Reading Log sheets, please print first page only.
Libraries statewide will also host various programs.For a schedule of summer reading events, click here.
The Summer Reading Program also includes a variety of engaging programs across all 50 branches. To find out what is happening at your favorite libraries visit www.librarieshawaii.org.
For more information about the Oahu Summer Reading Kick-off Event or the HSPLS 2017 Summer Reading Program, visit www.librarieshawaii.org, like us at www.facebook.com/HSPLSHIgov, follow us on www.twitter.com/HSPLSHIgov, or call your local public library.
The images are courtesy of the Collaborative Summer Library Programs (CSLP) and are copyrighted.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Monday 10:00AM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM 5:00 PM
- Support the businesses that support our community... links below
- Kaimuki Public Library
One of the best public resources in Kaimuki! The Hawaii State Public Library System provides Hawaii's residents in all walks of life with access to education, information, programs and services.
1041 Koko Head Avenue, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
Summer Programs Honolulu, Hawaii for Children and Adults - Kaimuki - Oahu 2016
Check out some of the summer programs available for both children and adults. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...