- Powered by MBC DirectoryMaker
Job Opportunities at Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Jobs
- Medical Records Assistant, Full Time
- CNAs, On-call
- Chef, full-time
The "Friends of Maunalani" is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are willing to share their talents and skills with our "Kupunas". We will provide complimentary meals and bus passes if desired. Please fill out the form on the right or contact with Czarina at (808) 695-2813 (Mention you found out about this opportunity on KaimukiHawaii.com).
- To assist our Activity staff conduct various recreational activities,
- To assist our residents get to and from their rooms,
- To assist with meal service,
- To entertain our residents with your talents, such as, arts and crafts, singing, dancing, playing cards and other games, or just "talk story".
- All volunteers required to have current TB clearance (2-step skin test or chest x-ray within last 12 months) and criminal background check.
Welcome to a place you can call home
At Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, our philosophy is simple: we know that there is no place like home, so we must do our utmost to make Maunalani our residents' home. Our goal is to let you experience our uniqueness in the most positive ways.
Many exciting transformations are taking place in the best of American nursing homes, and Maunalani is evolving with the leaders. What makes Maunalani unique is a combination of where we are, who we are and what we believe.
The History of Maunalani
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is the culmination of a dream and a need in the community. Many years ago, Ethelwyn A. Castle, a daughter of Hawaii, bought nine and a half acres of land on Maunalani Heights and there built her home. In her will, she made provisions that subject to the life tenures of several relatives, her home should become a residence for people needing care. A part of her home still exists as part of our facility today.
Maunalani first opened its doors on January 6, 1950 with 42 beds. Its first administrator was the late Elaine P. Johnson who set the pace for what Maunalani is today.
Over the years, Maunalani has experienced a series of additions and renovations to the original Castle family residence. Its name has also evolved from Convalescent Nursing Home to Maunalani Hospital to finally, the present Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in March of 1998.
Maunalani organization consists of two entities:
1. Maunalani Foundation
2. Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Both entities are organized under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code as non-profit organizations. The nursing center is licensed by the State of Hawaii as a skilled nursing facility. It provides both short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing services. The bed capacity is 100.
In keeping with its non-for-profit mission, Maunalani routinely provides services to residents which go beyond the standard room and board required by regulations. This is possible through donations, trust funds and the facility's ability to operate at cost. It is the quality of services that makes Maunalani one of the finest long-term care facilities in the State of Hawaii.
Who we are, why we exist & what we seek to accomplish.
Maunalani is a private non-profit health care organization founded in 1950. We are committed to providing excellence in nursing care and rehabilitation services by being ready to meet the changing needs of the community.
What we wish to become and where we see us going.
Maunalani will be the provider and employer of choice in the industry. Residents and guests will experience a culture of caring that is life affirming, satisfying and meaningful.
We are guided by a set of shared values that describe the Maunalani (MNRC) Spirit. They are the principles and beliefs that drive how we operate Maunalani and how we wish to live and work together. We will make it a habit of abiding by these values everyday.
- Meaning - Every human life is sacred. We believe in bringing meaning and purpose into the lives of the people who live and work here by recognizing and meeting each person's unique needs.
- New - We will embrace change, growth and development.
- Relationship is the fundamental building block of our culture. We will promote a sense of community where residents, staff and families will trust, support and care about one another.
- Communication - We will promote active listening and clearly communicating information and expectations.
- Service is our business. We believe in personalizing our services by giving our customers what they want and need to the extent possible.
- Pride and Passion - We will represent Maunalani with confidence and pride by taking ownership of what we do.
- Interdependence - We believe in teamwork and reliance on one another for support and assistance.
- Respect - We believe in treating everyone with respect, dignity and courtesy.
- Inspire - We believe in everyone's ability to learn and grow through each other's inspiration and mentoring.
- Thankfulness - We appreciate the opportunity to serve one another and will be generous with our sincere thanks.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
REQUEST APPLICATION & DETAILS
Privacy - We value our relationship with YOU!. Your Email address is not shared with anyone except Kaimuki Hawaii.com. You will be added to the "once a month" Kaimuki, Hawaii Email newsletter to keep you current and informed. If you would like to be removed, just reply to the Email confirmation with "DISCONTINUE" in the subject line.
Learn more about the integrity of the owner of this website
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
5113 Maunalani Circle
Honolulu, HI 96816
- Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
A place you can call home. What makes Maunalani unique is a combination of where we are, who we are and what we believe.