Oahu Tree Works, LLC - Jonathan Perry - Coupons and Discounts
Professional Arborists in Honolulu Hawai'i
Oahu Tree Works, LLC is a small company of ISA Certified Arborists and Certified Tree Workers who specialize in all phases of tree care and tree consulting on the Island of Oahu. We are dedicated to the conscientious management of trees through proper pruning practices, considerate design with trees in mind, appropriate landscape planning, and educated tree removal decisions. Oahu Tree Works, LLC has a unique skill set and background with extensive experience in maintaining some of the largest and most venerable trees throughout the state of Hawai'i and abroad.
Oahu Tree Works, LLC carries full Professional and General Liability Insurance to protect our clients property and assets. We perform all work to ANSI A300 and Z133.1 Industry standards.
Pruning & Shaping
Tree pruning and tree trimming is an important part of tree maintenance and tree ownership. Properly trimmed trees contribute to and often enhance quality of life, while adding value to property. Improperly pruned trees are a liability. We specialize in pruning trees that require a 'professional touch' and we have a deep understanding of how different trees require different types and amounts of pruning.
When selecting a company to perform tree maintenance it is critical that they have the tools, knowledge, and expertise to properly prune trees. Any tree pruning work should be done or overseen by a qualified Certified Arborist with years of experience in this type of work.
Tree removal can be a dangerous and often challenging process, even for the most professional Tree Workers. Oahu Tree Works, LLC has extensive experience removing some of the largest and most challenging trees throughout Oahu and the state of Hawai'i. We specialize in trees that are difficult to access with traditional equipment (aerial lifts, cranes etc.) and require extreme precision and control to remove safely.
We pride ourselves on zero impact tree removals, meaning no damage to people and property (including our employees!). We have a proven track record of executing what seems impossible removal operations in a timely and professional manner. We also have invested in quality equipment that allows us to be competitive with our prices by processing material much faster than most other companies. When it is time for your tree to be removed, we are the company to call.
Arborists are involved in all issues related to trees. When the health or stability of a tree is in jeopardy during construction projects, an Arborist can assist in defining appropriate measures to prevent the tree from injury and possible tree removal. When neighbors can't agree on the extent and responsibility of clearance and root conflicts, an Arborist can act as an important mediator in resolving tree disputes.
From simples questions such as "Is my tree safe?" to more complex issues like determining the appraised value of a tree for insurance and/or legal purposes, a Consulting Arborist brings valuable expertise and advice that can save thousands of dollars in uneducated decisions. The following are a list of services that OTP Arborists are qualified to provide: Arborist Reports, Tree Risk Assessments, Disease Diagnosis, Tree Valuations, Resistograph drillings and assessments, Tree Pruning Specifications, and Tree Protection Plans (TPP's).
Stump Grinding & Hauling
We operate some of the most advanced equipment in the industry, and as a result offer extremely competitive pricing on stump removal and grinding. Stumps that present challenges such as access, size, and species type are no match for our powerful and unique equipment. Call us today for a free estimate on removing your stump(s).
We also offer hauling services based on quantity and size of material. We can chip, haul and dispose of unwanted vegetation in your landscape.
Oahu Tree Works, LLC was established in 2009 with the goal to provide quality tree care throughout Oahu and the state of Hawai'i. We are continually investing in education, training and equipment to maintain our cutting edge in the industry, and to provide competitive prices for our customers. We have unique equipment and experience to take on the smallest and largest of tree related projects on the island. Call us today for a free estimate!
ISA Certified Arborist WE-8184A
PNW-ISA Certified Tree Risk Assessor #1126
B.S. Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Hawaii
Jon founded Oahu Tree Works, LLC in 2009. He has worked as an Arborist for the City and County of Honolulu and the Lyon Arboretum and teaches classes on tree care and biology at the Windward Community College. Jon also competes in the Hawaii Tree Climbing Competitions and travels to the mainland to compete in regional competitions as well. His passions include teaching and learning about trees, surfing on the North Shore and learning to be a backyard mechanic on Oahu Tree Works numerous pieces of equipment.
ISA Certified Arborist WE-9182A
WCISA Certified Tree Worker #1823C
Dan is an ISA Certified Arborist and WCISA Certified Tree Worker and started working with Oahu Tree Works in 2011. Dan works as a contract climber for OTW and assists during the larger and more challenging jobs. He is also an active participant in the Hawaii Tree Climbing Competition and travels to the East Coast to compete in both the New England Tree Climbing COmpetition and the Connecticut Tree Climbing Competition.
When Dan isn't working in trees, he is usually talking about trees or thinking about trees. Dan is a valuable asset to the OTW team and provides excellent training in East Coast pidgin for the crew and property owners alike.
WCISA Certified Tree Worker #2177C
Garrett joined Oahu Tree Works in the winter of 2012. He is an avid tree 'junkie' and loves all things trees and tree gear. Garrett brings a strong work ethic and passion to the team, and continues to advance his skill in working and caring for trees. Comfortable at almost any height, you will most likely catch Garrett either untangling absurdly large nests of throwline or hanging suspiciously from your tree.
He is currently studying to take the Certified Arborist exam in the Fall of 2013.
Oahu Tree Preservation, LLC specializes in providing the highest quality tree care in Hawai'i. Our passion for trees is strengthened by our desire to leave the earth a better place for future generations.
In addition to being an ISA Certified Arborist (WE-8184A) we continue to develop our understanding and expertise in the field of arboriculture by maintaining memberships with the International Society of Arboriculture, the Western Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture, and the American Society of Consulting Arborists.
Tree Preservation and Pruning - Expert Removal - Arborist Reports
- Administers tree pruning contracts with privatecontractors as an integral part of the street/park tree maintenanceprogram.
- Inspects quality and progress of contract performance,including review of work of
- Plans, coordinates, and recommends appropriate removal oftrees and palms.
- Prepares and reviews reports relative to the street treeprogram including investigating
- and preparing responses to public complaints, CorporationCounsel Claims, Mayor and
- Managing Director inquiries, City Council inquiries, andCustomer Service Department
- Facilitates training and instruction for employees on theprofessional use of equipment and techniques for the safe and productive pruningand removal of treesFacilitates training and instruction for employees on theprofessional use of equipment and techniques for the safe and productive pruningand removal of trees.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and establishmentof the Lyon Arboretum's Trees
- Assists head arborist with inventorying and monitoringtree health, recording pests, and other descriptors of trees in thecollection.
- Makes recommendations for the selection, installation andestablishment of trees on the Arboretum grounds.
- Provides information and advice on specific tree-relatedissues to the general public.
- Working knowledge and experience with the art and scienceof rigging for the safe removal and pruning of large and dangeroustrees.
- Involved in all phases of residential tree care withemphasis on high quality
- ornamental tree pruning.
- Assisted with overseeing crew members during dailyoperations.
- Played a role in developing functional and efficient treeaccess methods and work positioning techniques.
- Academy Graduate February 2010
- American Society of Consulting Arborists(ASCA)
- Certified Arborist WE 8184A October 2007
- Western Chapter, International Society ofArboriculture
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT 1 Basic) exp.December2006
- Coastal Valley EMS, Santa Rosa Ca
- American Society of Consulting Arborists
- Western Chapter International Society ofArboriculture
- Aloha Arborist Association
- Tree Climbers International
- American Forests
- Sierra Club
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
GET FREE CONSULTATION & KAIMUKI PRICING!
Privacy - We value our relationship with YOU!. Your Email address is not shared with anyone except Kaimuki Hawaii.com and the merchant. You will be added to the "once a month" Kaimuki, Hawaii Email newsletter to keep you current and informed. If you would like to be removed, just reply to the Email confirmation with "DISCONTINUE" in the subject line. Learn more about the integrity of the owner of this website
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...