Holiday trash collection schedules
Honolulu-- The Department of Environmental Services (ENV) reminds residents that refuse collection workers will notbe collecting trash, recyclables or green waste Tuesday, December 25, and Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019 -- Christmas Day and New Year's Day. These are the only two holidays observed by ENV refuse workers.
- Communities using the 3-cart collection system, with once-a-week refuse and once-a-week recycling pickup, where the refuse (gray cart) day falls on a Tuesday, are to leave their carts curbside until serviced, usually within two days.
- Recycling days that fall on these holidays (Tuesday) will NOT be made up. Please hold mixed recyclables (blue cart) and green waste (green cart) until the next scheduled pickup date.
- Residents on twice-a-week manual refuse collection, please hold your items until the next scheduled pickup date.
- Bulky collection will continue on the days following the holidays. Since bulky pickup is conducted over a 3-4 day period in each sector, the collection crews will make up the missed holiday on the other days.
Furthermore, all convenience centers, transfer stations, H-POWER and Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day. However, all of these facilities will re-open December 26, and January 2, 2019.
Source: City and County of Honolulu News Releaseb
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...