- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Art Explorium - Featured Upcoming Workshops - Spring Break Art Camp
Spring Break Art Camp!
We are super excited to announce that in March we are offering a Spring Break Art Camp! Here are some details:
- Camp Theme is Flexing Creative Muscles: Art Every Day!
- Monday, March 18 to Friday, March 22, 9am-1pm
- $260 per child ($240 for an additional sibling)
- Ages 6-10
Registration is now open! Find out more and register via our web site.
Explore movement, songs, stories, art and fun with us in our Little Artists program! We have two more Little Artists workshops scheduled in February and guess what? There are still spaces available! These often fill up fast so be sure to sign up soon.
- Welcome to the Kiddy Zoo Friday, February 15, 9:30-10:30am
- Keiki Flower Garden Friday, February 22, 9:30-10:30am
You can go directly to our Registration Page here, or for workshop descriptions please click on the Little Artists link above.
Ages 5 & Up
Our Keiki Art Workshops are fun and cover a wide variety of topics! Here's what we have so far for February and March:
- Asian Scroll Paintings Sunday, February 10, 2;30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Kids Night Out Friday, February 15, 5:30-8pm, $30, ages 5 & up (*this event is full; call 312-4310 to be put on the waitlist)
- Make Your Own Comic Book or Zine! Saturday, February 16, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Ceramic Dessert Sculptures Sunday, February 17, 2:30-4pm, $25, ages 5 & up
- Indigo Dyeing Saturday, February 23, 2:30-4pm, $20, ages 6 & up (age 5 welcome with parent)
- Fairy Flower Crowns Sunday, February 24, 2:30-4:00pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Drawing & Painting Mandalas Saturday, March 2, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- 2-D Ceramic Kitty Faces Sunday, March 3, 2:30-4pm, $25, ages 5 & up
- Create Your Own Comic Strip Saturday, March 9, 2:30-4pm, $15, ages 5 & up
- Ceramic Reptile Sculptures Sunday, March 10, 2:30-4pm, $25, ages 5 & up
- Mini Ceramic Dish Sets Sunday, March 17, 2;30-4pm, $25, ages 5 & up
- Tall Landscape Paintings Wednesday, March 20, 9:30-11am, $15, ages 5 & up
We ask that you register for these workshops ahead of time. You can go directly to the Workshop Registration Page here, or for more workshop descriptions please click on the Keiki Art Workshops link above.
Pop-Up at Kapolei Commons This Saturday
This Saturday, February 16, you can find us at Kapolei Commons: Family Date Night! This fun family event is free to the public and will include a movie, date night/Valentines activities, and food booths centered around family and fun. Art Explorium will be doing free keiki art activities on-site. (This event was originally scheduled for Saturday, February 9 but was rescheduled because of the weather.)
Honolulu Biennial Special Events!
Art Explorium is pleased to several special events in collaboration with Honolulu Biennial Foundation and their 2019 contemporary arts festival To Make Wrong / Right / Now. The Honolulu Biennial is open to the public at various locations throughout Honolulu March 8-May 5, during which time Art Explorium will offer keiki art activities inspired by the work of select Biennial artists. All classes are offered at a lower cost than usual thanks to support from Honolulu Biennial and participating partners.
In partnership with this year's Biennial, we are planning to offer five workshops and one drop-in community event. Pre-registration is required for the workshops but not for the community event. Find out more here and please note that details about more workshops will be posted as they become available. Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Support Art Explorium!
We are a non-profit organization and we rely on the generous support of people like you to provide our art programs. To make a tax-deductible donation please click on the link below. Mahalo!
About Art Explorium
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children.
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization in Kaimuki that provides art opportunities for youth. Stop by and try out our art stations (request a $5 per person coupon>>>).
Open Studio Hours
Monday and Thursday from 9-12 am
Monday through Friday from 2-5 pm
Saturday from 1-4 pm
Nurturing tomorrow's creative thinkers
Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely. We firmly believe that art experiences are an important part of every person's growth and development. So... WE provide the space and materials, YOU provide the ideas and make them happen!
Art Explorium strives to be an eco-friendly organization. Many of the art materials in our studio are items that would normally be thrown in the landfill (old pieces of fabric, used bottle caps, small boxes, magazines, ribbon, etc.). We collect these used materials from our friends and local businesses, and Art Explorium visitors give these items a new life as art.
We offer art classes, birthday parties, and field trips to our studio. We also offer Open Studio time - come on in with your family and dabble in one or all of our art stations which offer activities like painting, sculpting, drawing, making mosaics and more. See you there!
Come on by! During Open Studio time you are free to drop in, use our space and materials and explore the process of creating.
We also offer art classes, birthday parties and field trips to our studio!
Hours and price subject to change without notice.
Ample metered parking is available on the street or in the lot behind our building.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Art Explorium - Children Art Studio - Kaimuki
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children. - Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...