- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Art Explorium - Featured Upcoming Workshops - Awesome Art Action & Summer Classes!
Keiki Art Workshops!
We have lots of bright and colorful classes during May that keiki are sure to love. We also have several classes where we will make Mother's Day gifts for the special mamas/grandmas/aunties in your child's life. Pre-registration is highly recommended because workshops often fill. Cost ranges from $10-$25 per workshop.
Workshops for Ages 5 & Up (Saturday and Sunday afternoons)
There's something for everyone during the month of May so check out our workshops for keiki ages 5 & up! Here are some of the classes coming up:
- Upcycled Aluminum Necklaces We are super excited about this never-before-offered class. Instructor Charissa Pacheco makes colorful and cute upcycled jewelry out of used aluminum cans. During this class keiki can make one necklace for themselves and one for an adult (heyyyy Mom!). $20, ages 5 & up, Saturday, May 4, 2:30-4:00pm
- Radial Print Mother's Day Cards Learn the magic of creating a radial print in this printmaking class where simple abstract designs are transformed into beautiful and unique painted patterns. $15, ages 5 & up, Saturday, May 11, 2:30-4:00pm.
- Fuzzy Floral Fringe This workshop will allow children to let their imaginations run wild as they create a one-of-a-kind fuzzy flowery bouquet along with a beautiful upcycled vase. $20, ages 5 & up, Sunday, May 12, 2:30-4:00pm.
- Model Magic Under the Sea Come dive undersea with us as we make an ocean animal and create a colorful sea scene for our animal to inhabit. $20, ages 5 & up, Saturday, May 18, 2:30-4:00pm.
- Felted Soap Join us for some good clean fun! We'll gently rub wool fiber with warm water until it knits together and shrink-wraps around a bar of soap, forming a woolly washcloth. $20, ages 5 & up (age 5 must be accompanied by an adult), Sunday, May 19, 2:30-4:00pm.
- Character Creation Learn the basics of cartooning and character design in this drawing workshop with our pal Nobu! $15, ages 5 & up, Saturday, May 25, 2:30-4:00pm.
- Abstract Minis Expect the unexpected in this fun and wacky workshop where we combine painting with rolling the dice and seeing what comes up! Participants will also learn the various Elements of Art (color, form, shape, line, etc.). $15, ages 5 & up, Sunday, May 26, 2:30-4:00pm.
Little Artists: Workshops for Ages 2-5 (Friday mornings)
Join us for our Little Artists classes with instructor Abby Brengle! We combine stories, movement, music, and visual arts in a fun-filled session designed especially for our youngest artist friends. Classes take place on Friday mornings from 9:30-10:30am. Here are the themes for our upcoming workshops:
- May 3: Dinosaurs
- May 10: Planes, Trains & Automobiles!
- May 17: Little Farmers
- May 24: Hawaiian Summer
Little Artists classes often fill up so be sure to register today!
We are always posting new workshops so keep an eye on our web site... hope to see you at some of them soon!
Two Art Pop-Ups This Weekend!
Join us for two FREE community events this weekend!
- Quatro de Mayo: Let's celebrate Cinco de Mayo one day early at Kapolei Commons! This family-friendly Mexican-themed event will feature mariachi entertainment, Mexican food booths, and of course, Cinco de Mayo arts and crafts by Art Explorium. Saturday, May 4, 5-8pm.
- Pop-Up at The Hub: Honolulu Biennial is ending soon so join us on their last day for FREE art activities at The Hub! Give yourself some time to view the art on display and create your own. Sunday, May 5, 2-4pm. Honolulu Biennial is a multi-site, contemporary visual arts festival running from March 8 -- May 5 throughout Honolulu. The Hub is located in Ward Village in the former Famous Footwear space, 1200 Ala Moana Boulevard. Our projects are inspired by nature and we will be making leaf rubbings and decoupage vases.
Looking for something creative to do this summer? Why not sign up for one or more of our one-week summer art camps? Two of these camps are already full (waitlist only) but three still have a few spaces left. Each week has a unique and fun theme:
- Around the World in 5 Days, June 3-7 (Waitlist only)
- Monster Mash, June 10-14
- Wild About Art, June 17-21
- Creating Art About our Environment, June 24-28
- Cloth Paper Scissors: Printmaking Exploration, July 1-3 (Waitlist only)
All camps have a low teacher-student ratio and will be taught by experienced educators who teach art in local schools. Ages 6-11 for all camps except the Printmaking Exploration which is 8 & up.
Support Art Explorium!
We are a non-profit organization and we rely on the generous support of people like you to provide our art programs. To make an end-of-year tax-deductible donation please click on the link below. Mahalo!
About Art Explorium
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children.
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization in Kaimuki that provides art opportunities for youth. Stop by and try out our art stations (request a $5 per person coupon>>>).
Open Studio Hours
Monday and Thursday from 9-12 am
Monday through Friday from 2-5 pm
Saturday from 1-4 pm
Nurturing tomorrow's creative thinkers
Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely. We firmly believe that art experiences are an important part of every person's growth and development. So... WE provide the space and materials, YOU provide the ideas and make them happen!
Art Explorium strives to be an eco-friendly organization. Many of the art materials in our studio are items that would normally be thrown in the landfill (old pieces of fabric, used bottle caps, small boxes, magazines, ribbon, etc.). We collect these used materials from our friends and local businesses, and Art Explorium visitors give these items a new life as art.
We offer art classes, birthday parties, and field trips to our studio. We also offer Open Studio time - come on in with your family and dabble in one or all of our art stations which offer activities like painting, sculpting, drawing, making mosaics and more. See you there!
Come on by! During Open Studio time you are free to drop in, use our space and materials and explore the process of creating.
We also offer art classes, birthday parties and field trips to our studio!
Hours and price subject to change without notice.
Ample metered parking is available on the street or in the lot behind our building.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Art Explorium - Children Art Studio - Kaimuki
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children. - Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...