- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Art Explorium - Featured Upcoming Workshops - News
Happy New Year from Your Art Explorium Team!
It's nearly impossible to get all of us in one place at the same time but this is as close as we could get this holiday season! Once an Art Explorium team member, always an Art Explorium team member!
Incoming: Extra Special Workshop Instructors!
In addition to our regular awesome art instructors, we have some extra special ones who will be in the studio soon!
THIS FRIDAY! Experimenting With Water Media (ages 10 & up)
We don't usually offer workshops for tweens and teens so we are very excited to share a special opportunity with you! Our Experimenting With Water Media class will be taught by Barbara Kellogg, a nationally recognized water media artist visiting from Syracuse, NY. She has her BFA from Syracuse University and has exhibited in several national exhibitions.
Class will take place on Friday, January 17 from 5-6:30pm.
* Please note Open Studio will take place from 1:00-4:00pm on this date instead of the usual 2:00-5:00pm.
Other Special Artists
Painter Regina Bode (shown in photos above) will be back in town for her annual trip to Honolulu from Korea where she is a Visiting Professor for Art at Pusan National University. At Art Explorium she will be teaching Ocean Creatures: Intro to Watercolor (this class is full, waitlist only), Asian Scroll Paintings, Hawaiian Landscape Paintings, and Hawaiian Flowers: Intro to Watercolor. See the section below for more information.
We are super excited to let you know that artist Fae Yamaguchi will be teaching regularly at Art Explorium starting this month. Fae is an instructor at Honolulu Museum of Art and numerous other venues, and has been teaching art to children for over 25 years. We can't wait for her Marble Maze Game Workshop coming up on February 9. And many more to come!
Keiki Artist Workshops (Ages 5 & Up)
Ring in the New Year with ART! Here are our upcoming workshops in January and February for elementary-age children:
- Ocean Creatures, Intro to Watercolor Saturday, January 18, 2:30-4:00pm, $20, ages 5 & up, taught by guest instructor Regina Bode who is visiting from Korea. (This workshop is FULL; to be added the waitlist email email@example.com)
- Asian Scroll Paintings Sunday, January 19, 2:30-4:00pm, $20, ages 5 & up, taught by special guest instructor Regina Bode
- Rainbow Tie Dye T-Shirts! Saturday, January 25, 2:30-4:00pm, $20 per child and $25 for a parent/adult who wants to join, ages 6 & up
- Felting Freestyle Sunday, January 26, 2:30-4:30pm (note that this workshop is longer than usual), $25, ages 7 & up
- Hawaiian Landscape Paintings Sunday, February 2, 2:30-4:00pm, $20, ages 5 & up, taught by guest instructor Regina Bode
- Hawaiian Flowers: Intro to Watercolor Saturday, February 8, 2:30-4:00pm, $20, ages 5 & up, taught by guest instructor Regina Bode
- Marble Maze Game Sunday, February 9, 2:30-4:00pm, $20, ages 5 & up
- Super Succulents! Sunday, February 22, 2:30-4:00pm, $25, ages 5 & up
- Felting Freestyle Sunday, February 29, 2:30-4:30pm (note that this workshop is longer than usual), $25, ages 7 & up
We are always adding new workshops so be sure to check our online Calendar for updates.
Little Artists Workshops (Ages 2-5)
Join us for our Little Artists Workshops on Friday mornings from 9:30-10:30am! These classes combine visual arts, music, stories, and play in a delightful hour of learning for our youngest artist friends.
- January 17: Art Play with Ms. Suzy
- January 24: Art Play with Ms. Suzy
- January 31: Paint Like Picasso with Ms. Abby
We always have a great time at Little Artists! Spaces are limited and these classes often fill up so sign up today.
We Are Popping Up All Over the Place!
We hope to see you at one or both of our art pop-ups scheduled this month!
- Help us ring in Chinese New Year at a Ward Village Pop-Up at South Shore Market, Saturday, January 25 from 11am-2pm. We will be doing Chinese New Year-themed art! FREE.
- Join us for Surf Nights at the awesome new Bishop Museum Surfing Exhibit, Mai Kinohi Mai on Tuesday, January 28 from 5:30-8pm. We will be creating art based on the themes of surfing and healthy oceans. FREE for Bishop Museum members or with paid admission to the museum.
Find more information about these events on our Online Calendar.
A Few Other Updates...
- This Friday, January 17 we are moving our Open Studio time to 1-4:00 pm (instead of 2-5:00pm) because of our special Experimenting with Water Media Workshop that evening. So if you want to come to Open Studio on Friday please come early!
- We are planning on holding weekly Summer Art Camps this summer starting June 1. The last camp will run July 13-17. More details will be announced soon.
Support Art Explorium!
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization and we rely on the generous support of people like you to provide our art programs. To make a tax-deductible donation please click on the link below. Mahalo!
About Art Explorium
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children.
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization in Kaimuki that provides art opportunities for youth. Stop by and try out our art stations (request a $5 per person coupon>>>).
Open Studio Hours
Monday and Thursday from 9-12 am
Monday through Friday from 2-5 pm
Saturday from 1-4 pm
Nurturing tomorrow's creative thinkers
Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely. We firmly believe that art experiences are an important part of every person's growth and development. So... WE provide the space and materials, YOU provide the ideas and make them happen!
Art Explorium strives to be an eco-friendly organization. Many of the art materials in our studio are items that would normally be thrown in the landfill (old pieces of fabric, used bottle caps, small boxes, magazines, ribbon, etc.). We collect these used materials from our friends and local businesses, and Art Explorium visitors give these items a new life as art.
We offer art classes, birthday parties, and field trips to our studio. We also offer Open Studio time - come on in with your family and dabble in one or all of our art stations which offer activities like painting, sculpting, drawing, making mosaics and more. See you there!
Come on by! During Open Studio time you are free to drop in, use our space and materials and explore the process of creating.
We also offer art classes, birthday parties and field trips to our studio!
Hours and price subject to change without notice.
Ample metered parking is available on the street or in the lot behind our building.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Art Explorium - Children Art Studio - Kaimuki
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children. - Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...