- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Art Explorium - Featured Upcoming Workshops - News
Kids Night Out on Valentine's Day!
Enjoy a nice romantic evening out while your keiki get creative with us on Valentine's Day! It's a Kids Night Out, My Funny Valentine Edition! We will provide all sorts of fabric, an eclectic collection of exotic doodads, and other supplies to have a night of next level, unplugged pretend play! Healthy snacks provided. Ages 6 & up, $35 per child (additional sibling is just $25!). Click here to go straight to our Registration Page.
Featured February Workshop:
Participants will decoupage a glass jar to make a succulent vase! (Succulents & vases included in workshop price.) Students will also practice their drawing skills. By the end of the class these natural pieces of art will be planted & ready to take home! Ages 5 & up, $25 per person. An adult is welcome to sign up with a child (workshop price is $40 for a parent/child pair). More info here.
Keiki Art Workshops Ages 5 & Up
Here are some other fun keiki art workshops coming up:
- Mixed Media 3D: Magic Mini Cars! We will use model magic to create mini cars that really roll! (See image above left.) Sunday, February 23, 2:30-4:30pm. Kindergarten & up, $25 per child.
- Felting Freestyle Learn the art of needle felting and create something cuddly that can fit in the palm of your hand. Saturday, February 29, 2:30-4:30pm. Ages 7 & up, $25 per child.
- Cyanotype Sun Prints Learn some of the science behind photography as we use the sun's power to make our images come to life! (See image above right.) Saturday, March 7, 2:30-4:00pm. Ages 6 & up, $20 per child.
- Marbleize It! Have fun swirling colors together together to create paper with a beautiful marbleized effect! Sunday, March 8, 2:30-4:00pm. Kindergarten & up, $20 per child.
- ART LAB: Media Mashup Try out various art skills including drawing, painting and printmaking to create an art piece as unique as you are! Saturday, March 14, 2:30-4:30pm. Ages 6 & up, $25 per child.
- Paper Making Use scraps of old paper and dried flowers to create beautiful paper of your own. Sunday, March 15, 2:30-4:00pm. Ages 6 & up, $20 per child.
- Cartooning to da Max Learn the basics of cartooning through drawing, zen sumi painting and more! Saturday, March 21, 2:30-4:30pm. Ages 6 & up, $25 per child.
Pre-registration is required for workshops. Drop-in registrations are accepted if there is space.
Little Artists Workshops (Ages 2-5)
Join us for our Little Artists Workshops on Friday mornings from 9:30-10:30am! These classes combine visual arts, music, stories, and play in a delightful hour of learning for our youngest artist friends.
- February 14: Be My Valentine
- February 21: YOGA & ART!
- February 28: We didn't book a Little Artists class today but we are adding an Open Studio time. Drop by anytime today between 9-12 or 2-5 and get creative with us for just $5. No pre-registration required for Open Studio.
We always have a great time at Little Artists! Spaces are limited and these classes often fill up so sign up today.
Special Open Studio Updates
This Saturday we are adding an extra special Open Studio time instead of our regular afternoon workshop. Drop by and get creative with guest artist Rachel Smith of Kind Kine! She will help keiki shape hilarious mini creatures out of Play-Doh like the ones shown above. No pre-registration required. Regular $5 fee applies but donations to support Art Explorium accepted. Saturday, February 15, 1:30-4:30pm. all ages. Limit one per customer, while supplies last.
Please also note these special Open Studio times in the coming weeks:
- Friday, February 28 from 9am-12pm
- Sunday, March 1 we are offering extended hours (10am-3pm)
We recommend that you always check our online calendar to make sure you know what's happening!
Pop-Up at Ward Village
Join us for our monthly Ward Village Pop-Up at South Shore Market! Saturday, February 22 from 11am-2pm. 2020 is a Leap Year so we will be making art about things that LEAP! Think frogs... think kangaroos... think bunnies! This is a free event so come on by anytime between 11-2. We will be at the long table near Holoholo Market and Big Bad Wolf Clothing.
Find out about other Ward Workshops on the Ward Village web site.
Support Art Explorium!
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization and we rely on the generous support of people like you to provide our art programs. To make a tax-deductible donation please click on the link below. Mahalo!
About Art Explorium
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children.
Art Explorium is a non-profit organization in Kaimuki that provides art opportunities for youth. Stop by and try out our art stations (request a $5 per person coupon>>>).
Open Studio Hours
Monday and Thursday from 9-12 am
Monday through Friday from 2-5 pm
Saturday from 1-4 pm
Nurturing tomorrow's creative thinkers
Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely. We firmly believe that art experiences are an important part of every person's growth and development. So... WE provide the space and materials, YOU provide the ideas and make them happen!
Art Explorium strives to be an eco-friendly organization. Many of the art materials in our studio are items that would normally be thrown in the landfill (old pieces of fabric, used bottle caps, small boxes, magazines, ribbon, etc.). We collect these used materials from our friends and local businesses, and Art Explorium visitors give these items a new life as art.
We offer art classes, birthday parties, and field trips to our studio. We also offer Open Studio time - come on in with your family and dabble in one or all of our art stations which offer activities like painting, sculpting, drawing, making mosaics and more. See you there!
Come on by! During Open Studio time you are free to drop in, use our space and materials and explore the process of creating.
We also offer art classes, birthday parties and field trips to our studio!
Hours and price subject to change without notice.
Ample metered parking is available on the street or in the lot behind our building.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Art Explorium - Children Art Studio - Kaimuki
Art Explorium provides a community art studio to nurture the creative potential in children. - Art Explorium provides a fun, safe place where children of all ages have the opportunity and the permission to create freely.
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...