- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
City To Support Covid-19 Testing On Oahu This Weekend
City to support COVID-19 testing on Oʻahu this weekend
HONOLULU -- The City and County of Honolulu is pleased to announce it is supporting more COVID-19 testing at Waipiʻo Peninsula Soccer Complex and Kakaʻako Waterfront Park this weekend. Drive-thru testing for COVID-19 will be offered at both locations, but a new Antibody Testing will be offered as well.
Testing at Waipiʻo Peninsula Soccer Complex will be offered on Saturday, May 23, and at Kakaʻako Waterfront Park on Sunday, May 24, both by Premier Medical Group Hawaiʻi. Testing for both locations will be from 9 a.m. -- 1 p.m.
Testing for regular PCR (nose swab) will be conducted as it has been done previously. If one desires this testing, the attending doctor will determine who should be tested. Quarantine protocol for tested patients follows the State Department of Health recommendations. View the guidelines at the Department of Health website. Testing will be offered without charge for those without insurance.
Antibody Testing will be through actual blood draw. Licensed practitioners will be on site to conduct this test, and the samples are sent to local labs for analysis and reporting. The testing will be free if covered by the patient's insurance, but a charge of $40 will be made to each patient without insurance by local labs who will bill the patients. Those only taking part in the Antibody Testing will not need to self-quarantine. The following categories of individuals are encouraged to be tested by Premier Medical Group Hawaiʻi:
- Previous COVID-19 positive individuals and their families and close contacts
- Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Front line tourism industry workers with direct exposure to visitors
- Anyone with unexplained respiratory illness since January 2020 who were never tested for COVID-19
- Antibody testing determines whether a patient was exposed to COVID-19 and now has antibodies against the virus; it is not used to determine whether someone currently has the disease. The test also does not tell you whether or not you may be susceptible to getting COVID-19 again. Patients should discuss results with their healthcare provider to understand what the results mean for them.
Test participants should follow the posted signs to the test area. All who attend will first be screened and asked to provide personal information and contact numbers so results can be made known to them.
The public is reminded that parking lots at the two sites will be closed to the public until 2 p.m. to allow for breakdown of testing tents and clearing of cones and barriers.
For more information on the testing, contact Premier Medical Group Hawaiʻi at (808) 304-8816 or (808) 367-6020.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...