- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Hawai i State Art Museum New Exhibit - "For Walls" Exhibit
Hawaiʻi State Art Museum New Exhibit - "For Walls" Exhibit
"For Walls" Exhibit
This exhibition highlights sculptures created specifically for walls, using them both as a support and as a backdrop. Many of us, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and quarantining, have become all too familiar with our own four walls. With that in mind, we invite you to explore a variety of unique and dynamic ways artists engage and enliven enclosed spaces. All artworks are from the Art in Public Places Collection of the SFCA.
Artworks in this exhibit:
- "Retablo: The Oracle of Mary Magdalene" by Mandell Andres, mixed media, circa 1993
- "Hoʻo Maka", 1975 and "Terra", 1980 by Bumpei Akaji, copper sculptures
- "Gathering 3" by Jisoo Boggs, ceramic, 2019
- "Changing II" by Shore Brenner, woven wall hanging, 1978
- "Hiʻiaka's Skirt Becomes a Surfboard for Lohiʻau" by Mark Chai, recycled green plastic and reclaimed wood, 2009
- "The Nudibranch Parade" by Kimberly De Souza, ceramic
- "Adam and Eve" by Joseph Feher, wood relief carving, 1967
- "Erosion #1" and "Erosion #2" by Yoko Haar, ceramic relief sculpture, circa 2001
- "Untitled" by Jun Kaneko, hand-built glazed ceramic, 2007
- "Dwell Series #4" by Ted Lott, basswood, found object, electrical
- "Black Rain" by Sharon Mills, rope, 1971
- "Unknown Title" and "Structural Composition #10" by Jerry Okimoto, wood
- "Wind No. 15" by Eiji Okubo, mixed media sculpture
- "Black Waterfall" by Dean Pulver, wood, 2019
- "More Attached Than You Think" by Fred Roster, bronze, stone, steel, and wood sculpture, circa 2001
- "The Cock Fight" by Fiama Von Schuetze, natural fiber sculpture, 2019
- "Crutch" by Ray Yoshida, wooden crutch decorated with wire, glitter, and collage
2021 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Student Art Awards Exhibit: March 12 -- April 16, 2021
2021 Young Artists of Hawaiʻi Exhibit: May 14 -- June 25, 2021
Learn More About Hawai‘I State Art Museum Exhibits
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Hawaii State Art Museum
The Hawai'i State Art Museum is dedicated to presenting the largest and finest collection of works by Hawai'i artists that celebrate the diverse artistic and cultural legacy of Hawaii.
250 South Hotel Street, 2nd Floor, Honolulu, HI (View Map)
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...