Contact Us  Subscribe  COUPONS 
  • Kaimuki Hawaii
    News Item

  • Powered by MBC NewsMaker
  • Hawaii Public Radio (HPR) - More than $620,000 raised in HPR's Fall Membership Campaign

More than $620,000 raised in HPR’s Fall Membership Campaign
Honolulu, Hawai‘i —Hawai’i Public Radio successfully concluded its Fall Membership Campaign today, with $622,785 raised from 1,908 individual contributors. First-time donors represented 35% of all contributors.

The vast majority of the station’s operating funds come from the community. Individual donors and businesses make up 94% of the station’s revenues, and the remaining 6% is from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the entity that distributes federal funds.    

“Once again, our community has stepped forward to demonstrate their commitment to the work that we do,” said José A. Fajardo, HPR’s President and General Manager. “As we celebrate our 40th anniversary next month, the success of this campaign ensures a strong future for HPR and our ability to continue investing in our news, music, and entertainment programming in the months and years to come.” 

The station has recently added several new programs and features to further serve its audiences. In August, HPR-1 introduced
Hawaiʻi Kulāiwi (Sundays from 6-7 p.m.), hosted by Paige Okamura (DJ Mermaid); the program explores the history of Hawaiian music through the lenses of language and place. In September, the station debuted Island Insider, a weekly email roundup of local stories from HPR’s award-winning news team. These additions were informed by recent HPR audience research and are in alignment the station’s strategic plan. 

For nine years in a row, HPR has received a four star rating (the highest possible) from Charity Navigator, the nation’s largest independent evaluator of nonprofits. The rating system examines the financial health and accountability and transparency of organizations, enabling donors to make intelligent and informed giving decisions. HPR’s four-star rating is an indicator of the station’s commitment to acting as stewards of members’ support.

Although the fund drive has concluded, donations are still gratefully accepted at

About Hawaii Public Radio
HPR is a private, non-profit organization which broadcasts classical, jazz, and international music; and in-depth news and informational programming from National Public Radio, Public Radio International, and other local, national, and international program sources, as well as programs produced by Hawaii Public Radio. In 2013, Charity Navigator, the premier charity evaluator, awarded HPR its second consecutive highest, four-star rating for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.

HPR's mission is to serve the entire population of the state of Hawai‘i with two excellent program streams. HPR-1, the news magazine and fine arts stream, can currently be heard on O‘ahu and Kaua‘i (KHPR 88.1 FM and 88.5 FM); Maui, Moloka‘i, Lana‘i, and West Hawai‘i (KKUA 90.7 FM); and East Hawai‘i (KANO 91.1 FM (Hilo) and 94.7 FM (Waimea)). HPR-2, the news, local talk, and music stream, is found on Maui, Moloka‘i, Lana‘i (KIPM 89.7 FM and KIPH 88.3 FM (Hana)); West Hawai‘i (KIPM 89.7 FM and KHPH 88.7 FM); O‘ahu and Kaua‘i (KIPO 89.3 FM; KIPL 89.9 FM).

Like Our Facebook

    • Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
      View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
    • Featured Sponsors Offers
      Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
    • Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
      View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
    • Calendar
      Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
    • News
      Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
    • Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
      View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...

    Please send questions about this website to
    Copyright© 2005 - 2021 All rights reserved.
    Terms of Use / Legal Disclaimer / Privacy Statement
    Site Designed and Managed by MacBusiness Consulting