City announces Christmas holiday schedule
HONOLULU -- City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed on Friday, Dec. 24 to observe the Christmas holiday.
The observed holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available on Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule on Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information as well as rider guidelines.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill are open on Friday, Dec. 24, but closed on Saturday, Dec. 25. Visit honolulu.gov/opala for information.
- Parks and botanical gardens are open on Friday, Dec. 24, but botanical gardens are closed on Saturday, Dec. 25. Visit honolulu.gov/parks for park use guidelines.
- Municipal golf courses are open on Friday, Dec. 24, but here is the schedule for Saturday, Dec. 25:
- The Pali and West Loch Golf Courses will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for 18-hole play; and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for nine-hole play.
- Kahuku Golf Course will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Ala Wai, ‘Ewa Villages and Ted Makalena Golf Courses will be closed.
- Visit honolulu.gov/des/golf for revised play information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open on Friday, Dec. 24, but closed on Saturday, Dec. 25. Visit honolulu.gov/zoo for information.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed on Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25. Visit blaisdellcenter.com for information.
- People's Open Markets will not be held neither on Friday, Dec. 24, nor Saturday, Dec. 25.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed on Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- Motorists are cautioned that parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day holiday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...