- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
City Announces New Year's Day Holiday Schedule
City announces New Year's Day holiday schedule
HONOLULU -- The City and County of Honolulu announced today that some offices will be closed for New Year's Day, while others operate on an adjusted schedule to observe the holiday on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023 and Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023 and Monday, Jan. 2, 2023. Visit thebus.orgfor route and schedule information as well as rider guidelines.
- Refuse will NOT be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, and refuse will NOT be collected, but facilities are open on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023. Visit honolulu.gov/opala for information.
- Botanical gardens are closed on Sunday, Jan 1, 2023, but parks and botanical gardens are open on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023. Visit honolulu.gov/parks for park use guidelines.
- The Ala Wai, ʻEwa Villages and Ted Makalena Golf Courses will be open on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for 18-hole play and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for 9-hole play, but the Kahuku, Pali and West Loch Golf Courses will be closed on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023. Visit honolulu.gov/des/golf for revised information.
- All municipal golf courses will be open on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, and Monday, Jan. 2, 2023. Visit honolulu.gov/zoo for information.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023 and Monday, Jan. 2, 2023. Visit blaisdellcenter.com for information.
- People's Open Markets will not be held on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023 and Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023 and Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- Motorists are cautioned that parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day holiday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...