- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
City Announces Veterans Day Holiday Schedule
City announces Veterans Day holiday schedule
HONOLULU -- City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed on Friday, Nov. 10 to observe the Veterans Day holiday.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a state holiday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information as well as rider guidelines.
- The Skyline will operate on a state holiday schedule, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visit honolulu.gov/skyline for rider information.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill are open. Visit honolulu.gov/opala for information.
- Parks and botanical gardens are open. Visit honolulu.gov/parks for park use guidelines.
- Municipal golf courses are open. Visit honolulu.gov/des/golf for revised play information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open. Visit honolulu.gov/zoo for information.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed. Visit blaisdellcenter.com for information.
- People's Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
During the week of the holiday (Monday, Nov. 6 through Thursday, Nov. 9), the public is also reminded of the following:
- The Kapolei Satellite City Hall will operate normal business hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The city's customer care phone line will operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Here's the phone number: (808) 768-4381.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- Parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day holiday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...