Sponsor for This Petition - Dwight Synan - Community Organizer
The Synan team Like many island people, I have a diverse background. I was born on the mainland and grew up on both the West and East Coasts. After studying and working in my family business in Japan for 16 years, my family came back to Hawaii. With my extended family's 70-year history in Palolo Valley, raising our family here was a natural choice. Since returning to the islands, I have been active in the community as an organizer for the volunteer community clean up group 10th Avenue Alliance, as a member of Palolo Neighborhood Board, and as volunteer soccer coach with AYSO (U6-U14). My wife, Namiko, and I keep busy with 3 jobs between us as we meet the needs of our family of 5. We know the difficulties and challenges that island families face and we greet those challenges with an open mind and spirit.
- Momoyama Gakuin High School, Osaka
- New College of Florida, Sarasota
- Kwansei Gakuin University, Nishinomiya
- Osaka University school of Law, Osaka
- Chief Justice Student Court, New College of Florida
- Member of Kwansei Gakuin's Handball and Lacrosse Teams (West Japan Champions)
- Member of Momoyama Gakuin's Japan National Champion Handball Team
- Member of the U.S. National Practice Squad, U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs.
- Recipient of the Japanese Embassy's Ministry of Education Graduate Research Fellow (50 successful fellows from over 12,000 applicants), Osaka University
- Broker, Kahala Associates
- Consultant, Business Consulting Resources
- AYSO Volunteer Coach, Age groups U6-U14
- 10th Avenue Alliance, Community Organizer
- Palolo Neighborhood Board
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
Proud sponsor of the
Save Queen Liliuokalani School Petition Online Petition
Where Dwight Stand on Issues and Why:
- Support Public Education
"Our children attend public school"
- Oppose Gambling
"It destroys families."
- Protect Home Ownership
"Those who live here should be able to own and keep their home."
- No Tax Increases Without Working Class Relief
"It's the right thing to do. "
- Strong Family Values
"Family time is golden time."
- Responsible Government Budgeting
As a volunteer community organizer for 10th Avenue Alliance, I have been active in graffiti busting, illegal dumping busting, community clean-ups, and median planting (Palolo Elementary School, Jarrett Middle School. Good Samaritan Church, Bahai Center). My friends and family have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in order to make our community better. I also successfully gathered 150 signatures petitioning the C&C for the long-awaited left-hand turn signal at the corner of 10th Ave. and Waialae Avenues.
As a volunteer soccer coach of three different age groups, I take pride in positively reenforcing our island youths' athletic and social development. I had great coaches in my past and was fortunate enough to be a member of the U.S. national practice squad at the Olympic Training Center for Handball. My coaches always taught me to win with humility and lose with dignity. With this in mind, sportsmanship is what is distilled in my players. This past season, my U14 Diamond Head Boys team finished #1 out of 15 Oahu teams in sportsmanship points.
As a neighborhood board member, I have been active in listening to issues and implementing solutions. Whether it is dealing with renegade roosters, feral cats, or illegal dumping, I have learned that there is almost always a way to find a solution.
- RELATED LINKS
- Internet Advertising and Sponsorship On MBC High Traffic Websites
A more direct way to reach your target audience. Advertise on one of our premier websites and get your brand noticed by your target audience! Our commitment is long term. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii.Com Home Page
View our featured events, news, businesses and primary links on our home page.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Kaimuki Honolulu, Hawaii community. More...
- Kaimuki Hawaii Directory
View Kaimuki, Hawaii primary directories. businesses, non profits, public, government and jobs.
Check out things to do in Kaimuki on the calendar of events.
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in your Kaimuki community.
- Kaimuki Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Kaimuki, Honolulu, Hawaii has to offer. Go Green in Kaimuki, restaurants, shopping, WiFi Hot Spots, fitness, health, real estate, home and garden, 80+ more directories... More...